The End of the World and a Witch's Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
This is a nice find!

Although this world is interesting, it’s pretty unclear if witches or humans actually hold any control on society.

Are we to assume our “human” is basically a Harry Potter-type who was raised around peaceful ideals whilst the other girl is the surrogate for the beliefs of “modern witches”?
There are so many broad concepts behind this, it has a lot of room to grow.

Double-page supporter
pretty cute so far. characters remind me of ones from Little Witch Academia except the Diana here is less insufferable and the Akko here actually can do something

Dex-chan lover
Hey more cute Yuri to follow. :D

Why do they lose their powers when they fall in love? I dunno, but she should ignore her grandmother.

Dex-chan lover
Totally into this. Didn’t even consider that Mari would be terrible at witches thing because she had “rejuvenation” powers...

Aggregator gang
This was promising up until the last two pages, because those pages basically insert needless drama, and an obvious last-two-chapters-only relationship (hope I'm wrong).

Also, those pages where her power is revealed are just silly.

Dex-chan lover
Another theory — Mari’s actually a really old witch from around the time of the hunts, but was saved by her mother maybe utilizing this rejuvenating spell. That’d explain how she’s so out of touch with society.

Dex-chan lover
Bertina West, Reanimator.

Excellent first chapter. But, while I don't see a romantic element as superfluous, it wold have been better not to present that part in-your-face, but instead to conclude with just the conscious response of Alice to the revelation of Mari's power.

Double-page supporter
I'm calling it: The dark-haired girl is the powerless human. The blonde girl is the super-powerful witch.
You owe me all a dollar each.

Fed-Kun's army
oh fuck is she gonna lose her power then.. then its all way around.
Alice lose her power and reputation and Mari who have different kind of magic will gain popularity.
Alice supports Mari with her knowledge and Mari protect/cover Alice.

Dex-chan lover
@gustbk that’s a pretty cool theory

I feel like she’s basically (if this theory were true) like aaang from ATLA ,from the very past somehow stopped in time and has revived in this current era

One of the protagonists have brain damage already , no point in reading this trash

Double-page supporter
extremely strong first chapter for a (seemigly) drama Yuri manga. felt like a very well paced and written first episode of a classic anime

I'm gonna pass this just on Mari alone. She's a bit too happy go luck for me. It felt a bit dumb for attempted genocide. I would understand if she said she didn't care about revenge and wants witches to just live their lives, but to want witches to be friends with past killers of your people and your current oppessers?

It would make a bit of sense if it's been a long time since they were forced into the shadows and this generation doesn't feel the effects of the attempted genocide as much. But if it was that damn long why haven't they taken revenge yet?? I'm pretty sure by now you've got plenty of witches to overthrow a kingdom and if not just work together with another kingdom's witches to overthrow both. Then make your own kingdom of witches.(This can be cleared with a simple, humans got item that tracks all witches and stops their magic, like a shock collar but then Mari would literally be so damn ignorant for that answer)

If the attempted genocide of witches was recent then Mari is really fucking dumb to suggest to be "friends" with people that prob still wanna kill witches.

I know that this is long prob over analyzed take, so sorry for my 3 am shower thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread