Cover display based on reader's progress :planned:

At the moment, the most recent cover is displayed for each manga on the front page and on the manga's page.
Personally, I would like to see the first cover for manga I haven't read. On the other hand, I do like seeing new covers pop up for manga that I am up to date on.

My suggestion: display the cover based on volume the user has read up to. If the user hasn't read any chapters, display the first cover.

Contributor
@Plykiya
Can I ask whether there's been any progress regarding this feature? Been two months..

NB Kinda mixed feelings upon opening a new manga and having some unknown titular characters already waving goodbye to you since it's the last cover. And imagine if there's a moment when one of them seemingly dies? Judging by the last volume's cover alone I can guess that the character didn't die. Though, why imagine, I talk from experience, heh.

Dex-chan lover
@N0Mi0: Probably will be in v5, which is said has been under development for some time, and I remember I heard it's close to deployment? Not sure..
Pestering them won't make it faster, so I can only say, be patient.

Contributor
@phoenix_eD
>pestering

Well, politely inquiring about a development state once in 2 months is hardly pestering, y'know.

Dex-chan lover
@N0Mi0: Oh. That wasn't referring to you, but the overall community.
As I've seen quite a lot of users kept asking the team on feature deployment timeline, I can't help but think, we, as a community, might have inadvertently pestered them.. You know what I mean?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@N0Mi0 Not even close to being on our list of things to do
v5 is an entire infrastructure overhaul, this is just an extra feature to do afterwards once it's in place

Users who are viewing this thread