Sort by chapter count

Is it possible to sort a search by chapter count and results dont even list it! im trying to find some of a specific genre but not being able to search by how many chapters something has is really annoying and seems like an obvious and critical feature which i cant seem to find. Im hoping to find something good with many chapters that i havnt read before but having to check *everything* is really annoying...

PS, sorry if this doesnt belong here. It seems it could go in a few categories, but for now im just curious if the feature exists(not requesting it be added), so this seemed like the best place.

I dont see it listed, the only thing i saw is "Total chapter count (per language)" which isnt the same as being able to search or sort results by chapter count.

As an aside... (Though having a chapter count for a language does seem like it would be needed ideally for search results, but isnt a requirement. I sadly found one with "50 chapters" and got excited only to find out it was actually 12... but lesson learned, [have to check below for actual chapters to see what it says]. That all being said, what is the point of listing the total number of entries if it doesnt reflect the chapter count?)

Dex-chan lover
You won't be able to search or sort by chapter count if the total chapter count (per language) isn't implemented right, you can't have one without the other anyways
I suck at explaining things so here read this.

Strange. Seems like they are simply setting it up wrong. counting the chapters for every search is insane and i think it should never be done. You instead count the chapters when they are uploaded and store the value with the mangas data(potentially have it be user editable by the uploader) and then display it with the title.

you could also disable searching by chapter count entirely(though it doesnt seem you would need to go this far). Then you can setup the webpage itself, [not their server or database], to sort the results, that would happen locally on the users PC.

i may be missing something or perhaps it was badly explained in that link, but nothing about this seems like it should be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread