Mega Contest: Second Anniversary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
It's that time of year again! No, it's not @Plykiya hunting season. It's time for our yearly Mega Anniversary Contest!

It's hard to believe that as of next January, MangaDex will be 2 years old. It wasn't so long ago that some people were predicting that we wouldn't last 2 months, let alone 2 years! As we did last year, we will be holding a contest that will last from now until the first week of January. The contest is open so long because unlike other contests that we hold during the year, the Mega Anniversary Contest is quite challenging. But the rewards are worth it!

The Winner will receive:
- VIP role on Discord and on the site
- Triple A game provided by @Lymus
- Indie game provided by @Kafka
- Exclusive prototype from our first batch of mousemats

Note that these prizes are subject to change if staff are able and willing to contribute more to the prize pool as time goes on.

The contest: You will be creating a video for MangaDex! What kind of video, you ask? Any kind! Maybe you want to make a "commercial" for MD, advertising our greatness. Maybe you just wanna meme your black little hearts out. Maybe you just wanna show off your mad video editing skills by reviewing your favorite manga title. Sky's the limit! As always, I don't like to restrict creativity so if you can make it, you can submit it. Also, I would like to encourage everyone to place your focus on creating a video that, in some way, features manga. After all, that's what MD is all about. I won't explicitly forbid the use of anime scenes in your entries but consider if you can make it work somehow with manga. I might be inclined to vote for any Anime Music Videos that feature Foo Fighters tracks. Just saying. :v

The Rules:
1. Entrants will have from 11/6/2019 to midnight of 1/4/2020 Eastern Standard Time to submit their entries. All work submitted after that time will be disqualified.
2. Your entry must be Safe For Work. Any NSFW entries will be disqualified.
3. Your entry must be your own work. If you are found to have plagiarized someone else, you will be disqualified.
4. If you choose to enter this contest, you agree to have your work uploaded to our Youtube Channel.
5. There will be one winner only, no runners-up.
6. You can submit multiple entries if you choose, but be aware that each submission will count as a *separate* entry.
7. Your video must be able to be downloaded via direct link and must be compatible with YouTube.

Submit your entries here in the Mega Contest Entry Thread. I suggest using a filesharing site so that I can download your entry with ease. Be sure to ping me so I'm aware of your entry.

Upon request, here is a gallery of official MD art: https://imgur.com/a/mIiHJim

That's all folks. Best of luck to everyone!

@Zephyrus
Unless I missed it by a mile -- I did not see anything saying HOW the winner will be chosen. Is it a vote from the general audience? Is it a random drawing? Is it a vote btwn the staff?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@dokkotak
All votes are public unless we specifically mention that it will be staff only.

@Zephyrus
I subscribed your YouTube channel at once when I knew that you have one 😅
Anyway congratulations me and my twin sister @rehab very happy for you to complete 2 years and I'm happy that I could be with manga dex family for these two years me and my twin sister
Thanks for the developments that you made for the website I hope you continue to be the greatest website for manga 😊

Group Leader
My question is why are we still calling them mousemats just call them mousepads

I'll submit a 16 hours of still panorama video since I spent my time reading isekai trash everyday on mangadex instead of making a video for the contest.

Personally I'm thinking about making a video using some plushies and stuff?
Like, a short video about making some manga-related plushies.
....I suck at making plushies tho so I'll just do pretty simple ones of a scanlator group or w/e, lol.

ah im thinking of participating this year
if i finish the animation i started b4 time runs out

sounds good! good luck to all participants. I would love it if you guys put a notice after picking a winner so we can watch the vid .. maybe with few honorable mentions it would be better too for the value of entertainment.

mes

Dex-chan lover
So there's no limit to the length of the videos?? That's wild... LOL
I might just upload a 5 sec clip or something of scrolling through the site XD

Edit: AAHHHH SHE HAS A CARDIGAN I HAVE TO REMAKE MY VIDEOOOOOO

Edit2: Submitted lol... enjoy pfthahahaha

uhhh.... sorry to burst the party but when do we get a proper "recent added title" page? i have wasted hours upon hours because we are missing this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread