Ovum - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Meh, it doesn’t really goes anywhere. It feels pointless.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda understand what the author is saying but with how advance science and technology is, having children for two people with the same sex is not that difficult compared to before. It's even more difficult if a said culture also bans same sex marriage. With that being said, it must be a Japanese culture thing.

Fed-Kun's army
I haven't read that much Yuri, so I can't say how typical--or atypical--this mangaka's work is. Is it reflective of the repression of the 90s, which were over two decades ago (the length of a generation)? Is it alone in that, or were other works of the period similar? I'll say this: it's interesting to read "realistic" stories like these; a change of pace from Yuri of today.

A lot of people complain about the depressive attitude of some gay stories, but they forget that a lot of it served as social commentary or came straight from the authors experiences with society, especially older ones.
I'm no expert on yuri and have a very narrow reading of it, but it has a similar history with being targeted for censorship in Japan during the war period, so relationships were depicted as more ephemeral. Though of course, people were writing more idealized and fantasized yuri fiction, and sometimes more dramatic and tragic, than this particular manga.

Users who are viewing this thread