Status field on Series Page :maybe:

Power Uploader
It's been brought up by ultimas to change it to: Ongoing, Complete, Hiatus, Cancelled

I for one still don't think that's a good idea because people are idiots and mix this up with scanlation...(even with just Ongoing and Complete, if you set it to complete with only three chapters of say sixty chapters scanlated...)

So purpose either leaving it as it is with just Ongoing and Complete(for Scanlation) or doing what Mangaupdates does and have a "Status in Country of Origin" and "completely Scanlated". But even then they can fall out of date... It was also brought up because the site hosts more then just English.

For that you could either have it based off language setting(bad choice in my opinion), "Completely Scanlated in English", or just leave it as "Completely Scanlated" because as it says... it was completely scanlated... just maybe not in a language you can read :p

Lastly, you could even say "Hiatus" fits into "Ongoing" as it's technically still going... and "Cancelled" is just "completed". Then again, MU does Hiatus(not sure about Cancelled) as seen currently on xxxHoLic Rei's MU page.

Anyway, In the end, I for one leave my vote just leaving it simple with "Ongoing" and "Complete"(If you want to know beyond that check MU).

Power Uploader
I think it could be done like that, there is cancelled status in MU, there is also tah for rushed ending/axed. Anyway would be nice to have info if it's on hiatus in country of origin, but there you have a fast link to MU too...

Power Uploader
Rushed ending/axed can have endings too, just rushed. So maybe put that as a tag instead. As for cancelled, sometimes it's called Discontinued.

I also vote for leaving it as ongoing or complete (unless we're going to replace MU XP). Though I don't know how to deal with verrrrrry looooong/indefinite hiatuses.

Users who are viewing this thread