Baki - Vol. 31 Ch. 272 - Preparation

What the fuck!!. Your telling me this whole dumb ass ark was just build up to Baki vs his dad. Come one, I was hoping to see more out of that fight. All the people saying that Jr was gonna win and he just loses that quickly.

Can you blame Ali's kid for jobbing like that? He was making moves on Baki's girlfriend, of course Baki was going to knock his ass flat immediately.

This was to be expected, you can't go into a fight with Yujiro telling Ali jr. that Baki is on par with him and then have a tough fight between Baki and Ali jr.
That would mean that Ali jr. is near Yujiro's level, and that would mean that he couldn't lose as easily as he did to other Kourakuen arena fighers

@nono177013 Yeah ngl, the whole arc with muhammed ali jr just felt pointless when it could've been from Baki's POV instead preparing for this final fight against his dad

Dex-chan lover
This arc's purpose is to show that
1 - if you try to steal someone's gf, him and the boys (especially his brother) will make sure you never touch a girl again
2 - if the gf's heart even wavers for 1 moment she loses all rights to screentime, appearing 4 times in Hanma Baki and completely AWOL in Baki Dou 1 and 2

Aggregator gang
Man, this shit is so disappointing, at first, I didn't like how much time was spent on Ali Jr. but after I while I got into it and liked where the story was going, there were some good emotional moments in this last chapters that actually worked. It's not like I expected him to win, but making him lose so fast just undercuts all the build up of this long ass arc. In fact, "Grappler Baki" was way better than this shit, this manga feels directionless, full of meandering arcs that go nowhere and are unsastifying.

Users who are viewing this thread