Rudel, Demon King of the Blue Sky - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Demons and Sirens

Double-page supporter
Wait, a Soviet who speaks Germans and knows the Junkers 87? Is this in his memoirs or artistic deliberation?

Group Leader
@duylinh German speakers extend beyond the borders of Germany, it's not out of the question. As for the character of Alex, he's purely a fictional character as far as I'm aware.

Double-page supporter
@chillock117 I see.
You see, Alex sounds pretty darn improbable. He's a Soviet citizen, who speaks Germans but also know his way around the Junkers 87 early in the war. I can't think of any other scenario where someone who fits the above description is not pressed into deciphering codes, interrogating prisoners or developing and repairing aircraft. If he's a defector, I doubt the Soviets would allow him to return the Germans. If he was an expert who was on the exchange program with the Germans, I don't think the Soviets had experts to spare for assassination. Alex sounds too valuable to be send on such a mission.

Group Leader
@duylinh That's probably more effort and research than the author put into the comic. Honestly I doubt the author even read Rudel's book and most likely used the cliff notes off the Japanese wikipedia page.

Users who are viewing this thread