Comment Like/Dislike features... Onegai?? :rejected:

Can we have a comment like/dislike feature?
This would really be handy for getting feedback if a translator asks for opinion or idea... so instead of getting the readers to comment and waste time, he/she could just like/dislike the comment letting know how many people would agree/disagree...

It would also be fun for readers who commenting their opinion or for example the latest manga ended in a cliffhanger... other readers who make guess what might happen in the next chapter and where the plot might go... but some might like their opinion and some might not... instead of tagging that person and commenting I agree/disagree, like/dislike feature will have more uses... also like dislike are much popular than commenting itself....

most of the manga sites have such feature... like in Disqus or other sites, so it would be quite useful here as well

Dex-chan lover
@HomelessDancer

The suggestion that you've made has been made, at last count, eleventy zillion times, and was rejected long ago.

Visible upvotes &c are corrosive. They incentivize producing comments for their popularity as such, rather than as sincere expression or as thoughtful contribution.

Ehh, I don't want community racing for imaginary internet point. Even disquss plug in is rejected.

If and if only like / dislike only counted for individuals comment, and case such as "EH!!, mister MiningLike24hr has 999,999 like point" or "Mr. DaoistNineFaps has -696969 like point" can't be seen anywhere in profile / avatar / etc, I can agree with it.

Aggregator gang
My experience of platforms with attention metrics beyond thread views and comments is that they tilt toward sensationalism as the metrics become something to play for and exploit.

I somewhat like the idea of acknowledgement buttons in the line of "noticed," just as an acknowledgement of the ol' trope. But if people would feel foolish typing out a post that says only "I agree/disagree," then a button that expresses the same is equally foolish, if not more, for how impulsive and off-hand it is.

The current format gives the choice of, advance discussion or let it lie. There's no need for a middle ground, as far as I'm concerned.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank goodness that this suggestion has always been refused.
It's not even useful on mangadex, but at most the only thing it can create will be flame to no end. 😅

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Once again: Like/Dislike buttons are a hard reject. I would even argue they're literally unhealthy for both the community and the individuals, see the news about Instagram like hiding for reference. If we ever implement "reaction" buttons, they'll probably work something like Discord's emoji reactions.

Getting (You)s on 4chan, a place with NONE of those easily-gamed internet points save for the user's attention, is already annoying AND toxic to some extent.

"Let's make those (You)s easier to get and game!" How about no.

Users who are viewing this thread