Ad Astra - Scipio and Hannibal - Vol. 9 Ch. 55 - The New Commander

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, I'm dying to see what Scipio has up his tunic sleeve, & I have to resist checking the original sources to find out what happened. This author is a master of controlling the tension in the story.

On a side note, Gaius looks totally badass in his officer's helmet. Unfortunately, he might lose all of his hair from stress being a subordinate of Scipio, lol.

Double-page supporter
a full moon will affect the tides of the sea, and allow attack from the laguna by land troops to the port sides, thus taking the defenders by surprise as they mobilize to meet the romans at the front gate.

Fed-Kun's army
I haven't finished the chapter yet, but I bet Scipio intends for the 30,000 to be bait, since everyone expects him to go after Hasdrubal. He intends to stay with the 3,500 and attack a different target in secret.

Dex-chan lover
Now I feel like avoiding spoilers even though it happened thousands of years ago. Must . . . not . . . google . . .

Anyone who's enough of a history nerd to read up to this point should consider checking out the game "A Legionary's Life." It's a text adventure game that places you in the shoes of a newly conscripted Hastati under Scipio. It covers pretty much every battle Scipio's forces took part in over several years. If you want to spoil yourself, this game is probably the best way to do it.

Dex-chan lover
maybe it's cuz I'm speedreading, but how did Gisco wind up over here? wasn't he captured at sea by the Romans?

Users who are viewing this thread