Isekai Tensei no Boukensha - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - story.2

Aggregator gang
Its getting hard to follow the story and what they're talking about
It's like jumping from different camera angles...

Imagine being saved by some random dude who laters flays the corpses of your parents and then uses their skin as sheets on the bed you two now sleep in.

I mean, the situation isn't entirely like that, but still...

Group Leader
@dummyaccount12345 i was thinking this exact thing. "Thank you, I feel so much better sleeping on my parents flayed skin. Could you also serve me some of their meat too?"

esp

Making use of dead animals is fine and all, but it's not like you can't just burn the bodies instead of burying them. They're even a smart enough species to communicate with people through gestures... Pretending it's about anything other than getting the skins is kinda silly.

@esp yes and no. The story is well written, normally you get an isekai where the dude invents tons of stuff nobody has ever seen, but in this world the rules are fundamentally different. They may be somewhat well off, but this is for them hunting buffalo only to use none of it. It is a native American style of life, you respect life by using all of it. And it seems to only be the skins, they dissected them not ate them, and the skin is a bit much for a causal isekai but it brings the dynamic of what we find acceptable VS what an alternate world would

Also animals are believed to have their spirits in their remains, celts thought mixing bones with iron put the spirit in their weapon, so to them it is seen as honorable to cover the kid with its parents fur as in many cultures the spirit and soul is still in there

Group Leader
Am I the only one finding this manga hard to follow?
Like I'm missing panels or something...
Also, if I have to wait 5 months again for a new chapter, I might just ditch this, I don't think it's worth the wait.

esp

@FrostBlood Yeah, I don't begrudge them making use of the "Animal". I'm sure a magical creature has plenty of uses. I just find it dishonest that they mix in a responsibility to make sure it doesn't turn into an undead monster as an excuse. I will take the "respecting life by using every part" thing more seriously if they reveal they also make coats or parchment out of their grandparents later.

Oof. It's Indian traditional style, many counties did this. It's also the family farm tragedy. When you grow up raising pigs and chickens, then you find out you end up killing and eating them, you feel horrible. We take advantage of the fact we have the freedom to not use everything, and when we killed off all the buffalo, we fucked over native Americans and only took what we thought was good quality. This is a moment when you have to separate your attachment to animals from what is feasible, for them this was an opportunity to replace the bed. It also made good use of the body. Using the whole body is a form of respect for animals in many cultures

Dex-chan lover
I've seen weird pacing like this in other LN adaptations, from what I gather it happens when the manga tries to cram multiple chapters from the source material into a few pages of manga, which leads to this odd pacing and the sudden changes in mood, can anyone who has read the novel confirm?

Fed-Kun's army
So many native American waste myth experts in these comments

Aggregator gang
Wait, so are the parents aware that he's a reborn person? The way the dad talked about "how things work in this world" and your common sense and values are different" makes it seem that they are aware that he's a reborn individual. It's really confusing with the pacing of the story so maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread