Chicken Soup Queen

I thought my french lessons really came in handy but it's because i read it in english as the bestselling empress... v__v

I believe it's called chicken soup bc it's like chicken soup for the soul....at least that's my guess.

So from reading on the official english so far, it's very choppy for a beginning. I read about two chapters or so in before deciding to drop it.

The main character reincarnates after death only to quickly realize the situation all of the sudden and was able to catch up with the perps and stuff and is suddenly quick-witted.

While I can understand that this is due to whatever job the MC had and stuff, there was zero explanation on how she knew what was going on, like she already knew she was the empress and so on. It's only until way later in the first or second chapter that we kind of read from her thoughts that she got that info from the empress's memories, but there were better ways to display that.

She also accepted her situation way too fast. Usually you'd find MC going 'what's going on?! what happened here?!' in addition to needing to escape, like there was no time set aside for her to assess the situation.

I have to also pass because she smirked a lot as if she had the upper hand in stuff but when she encountered the emperor she barely delivered and in the end she gets thrown in the dungeon. Like wasn't she gonna show more quick-wittiness? Where was that? And then a writing noble master just happens to reside there and is encouraging her to write and I'm like "um??"

I wanted to give this a chance, but it just wasn't doing it for me, she felt too much like a Mary-sue for my liking. Maybe some other time I'll try reading it again, but on first impressions, I really didn't enjoy this one.

Group Leader
Je croyais que la Henka l'avait simplement mis en pause indéterminée, pas qu'ils avaient cédé le projet à quelqu'un d'autre

I enjoy this comic. It's on WeComics as Bestselling emorrss if anyone is interested.

This was entertaining enough up until chapter 42 when you found out what the empress did to her brother. It's straight up forgivable. It's not the MC's fault but any salvaging of that relationship makes no sense. As for the complaint below, the manga literally starts off with the MC gaining access to all of the Empresses' memories, of course she knows whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread