The Ghostly Doctor - Ch. 74

So... way, way earlier on she said that she was going to make a medicine or something to fix her scars, it was at least on her to-do list. I get that she could keep the scars for privilege points from her family, but....

Regardless, did anyone catch why she hasn't healed her face yet?

Dex-chan lover
Btw the scars you see in the manhua doesn't do justice to the degree her face is damaged.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder who the romance interest will be...if any at all.
Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
curious, is that first scene showing MC in white actually supposed to be there or is it misplaced? looks like it was misplaced.

Can't say I liked how unnecessarily rude she was being to the third prince and the slight vanity. She's been kind to all the people the original Qingge cared about with the exception of him -- whom she's treated cold and callously. It's a little strange how she mentions that she doesn't have the original Qingge's feelings, but is still shown to care for her Feng family members. I feel like some motivation from the novel or some exposition has been left out that would connect the dots. Still, it's better to yank the band-aid off quickly than to lead him on. I personally find the guy a little annoying from all the previous encounters -- even if he's not a bad guy and actually seems to be 'good'.

@CrazyPotato
In Su Ruo Yun's words at the confrontation : "...and her face, was slashed up by me. That face was turned into a bloody mess with its flesh turned outwards in flaps."

And in the scene this chapter describes: "...when he saw that face on her, the earlier mesmerization he felt faded away till there wasn’t a single trace left. That was a countenance that was completely filled with long scars, so disfigured her original looks could no longer be identified. The skin upon that face had been almost completely ruined, looking so horrifying. Even as he saw it, his heart could not help but quiver and wince."
To be honest the descriptions in the novel aren't that vivid because her face is allegedly disfigured to the point of no recognition but ... the moment she takes off her veil people recognise her one after another. ;) I started reading the novel after someone commented about it a few chapters back... and now the manhua feels so... stiff. Still. Gotta wait for the chapters to reach the novel ch 442 so I can continue reading without dying out of second-hand embarrassment.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they toned the scars down a bit because this is a far more visual medium and they want people to actually enjoy looking at it and even be willing to pay to do so, and also because making the scars more horrible would mean more effort on every panel they're visible in. I always assumed the effort thing is kind of also why the veil was see through enough to show the outline of her face so clearly, but her scars weren't really visible through it.

Dex-chan lover
lol her disfigurement is just a few lines on ms paint. Shes so beautiful~ Feel a little bad for the third prince, the one he loved actually died.

Users who are viewing this thread