Reader README.txt
Teasday 21 days ago
Update log
2018-07-12
* [new] Changed mouse wheel page turn setting to vertical scrolling page turn, allowing users to disable page turns via keyboard scrolling (may be only a temporary measure)
* [fix] The code is transpiled now, so the reader should now support more browsers

2018-07-09
* [fix] Minor rendering issues

2018-07-08
* [new] Keyboard shortcuts for next/previous chapter, page bar visibility
* [new] Optional page turn by mouse wheel
* [fix] Trying to move to a previous chapter from the first one wasn't handled correctly
* [fix] Waterfox issue where the scroll to the bottom of the screen wasn't detected correctly
* [fix] Some error alerts weren't displaying correctly, may still require further improvements
* [fix] Long strip preloading now works as it should

2018-07-03
* Layout rendering improved all around. Generally tested on the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Pale Moon. Some quirkiness in certain cases, especially on the more unpopular and older browsers, can be expected.
* Page bar and sidebars are now fixed on desktop widths. Page bar is hidden on mobile widths, and a dropdown is shown instead.
* Some bugs related to switching chapters should be fixed.
* Chapter listing being potentionally in a messed up order on certain browsers (such as Chrome) fixed.
* Keyboard scrolling left and right now scrolls the page if it's out of the container. The page is turned if the scroll is already at the edge. Scrolling up now turns the page backward, and down turns it forward.
* New settings: Maximum container width and Show page bar. Hiding the side bar also now remembers its setting.
* New keyboard shortcuts: m and k for exiting to manga and comments pages, respectively.
* The shortcut reminders in the sidebar are now clickable.
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

2018-06-18
* Initial test release.
* Bugs everywhere.

Known issues
* Haven't checked, but the swipe sensitivity settings on mobile very likely need tweaking.
* Load icon is centered on the whole screen instead of the image container.

Planned features
* A "Recommendations" page for further reading after the final page of a comic. Could include recent unread chapters, current popular chapters and so on. Could also feature other widgets like in-reader rating and follow buttons.
* Slightly faster initial loading times through API improvements (hopefully lol)
* Further improvements/changes to the scrolling options. Taking cues from programs like HoneyView.

Considered features
* Infinite scrolling in long strip mode through chapters, or at least something approximating the feature.
* Drag scrolling. The feature was already tested, and it was somewhat confusing to use and interfered with page turns.
* A toggle for displaying the mobile layout at all widths, depending on whether that seems necessary.

Last edited 11 days ago.

Teasday 21 days ago
I'm sure I'm forgetting and missing stuff here. Feel free to use this thread for listing issues and feature suggestions in a preferably neatly formatted and clearly communicated fashion.
AviKav 21 days ago
@Teasday The dividing line for Directional Turn is centered on the web page itself rather than the image.

Last edited 21 days ago.

VawX 20 days ago
Long strip seems to perform worse after this update, or maybe just my connection mmm...
Btw can we have keyboard shortcut for previous and next chapter mmm...~?
And the keyboard scroll for "fast" and "sanic" imo is a bit stiff, the main site keyboard scroll seems smoother mmm...
Teasday 20 days ago
AviKav posted:

The dividing line for Directional Turn is centered on the web page itself rather than the image.

Thanks, fixed it as well as a bug where the direction wasn't being detected correctly if the image scrolled horizontally.

VawX posted:

Long strip seems to perform worse after this update, or maybe just my connection mmm...
Btw can we have keyboard shortcut for previous and next chapter mmm...~?
And the keyboard scroll for "fast" and "sanic" imo is a bit stiff, the main site keyboard scroll seems smoother mmm...

Compared to the old reader that simply printed everything at once, I'm not at all surprised if this performs "worse" since I have to keep track of the scroll position in order to determine when to load pages. Compared to the previous version of this reader, I did add a check that updates the current page based on the scroll position. There's a minor optimization I can do there but I don't really know if that's going to be good enough, since I'm not seeing any kind of lag at all on my computer.
I guess the chapter shortcut keys would be q and e but I'm a bit worried people hit those by accident. ^q and ^e maybe?
The keyboard scrolling can be a bit difficult to figure since different browsers implement smooth scrolling differently. I just tested it the first time on Chrome, but the behaviour when holding down the scroll buttons is really weird. On the other hand, it's perfectly smooth on Firefox that I can see. I want to do something about the scrolling anyway so hopefully I've got something better by the next release.
Teasday 15 days ago
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Teasday 14 days ago
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Teasday 11 days ago