Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 6 Ch. 28.5 - Interview (August 2018)

t28

Dex-chan lover
I find it very gratifying that she is reluctant to write their relationship as romantic. I really don’t want to see that as the endgame for the two of them.

Group Leader
@t28 cheers for being reasonable unlike some of the readers who got miffed because of that, lmao

Dex-chan lover
Interesting interview!
I honestly never expected them to become s couple, and it’s great to see his views on such relationships
Also interested in how the realistic ending will be like

Dex-chan lover
This is like the one time I'd be ok with it though
:(

At least this has far more thought put into it than That vile usagi manga ever did.

Aggregator gang
This manga always had a realistic feel to it so im glad the author won't shoe horn a romance, we have hentai for that lol

t28

Dex-chan lover
I’m just tired of mangas where adults end up romantically involved with children. Especially those where they were responsible for the care of the children... that just makes its doubly nasty for me. So a manga where the relationship is just platonic and supportive is (sadly) a breath of fresh air.

Contributor
Code:
From the manga description:
Satoko Tawada is an office worker. She's almost 30 years old, but she still hasn't been able to find happiness in her life. Fate brings her with Mashu Hayami, a beautiful 12-year-old boy whom she finds practicing soccer all by himself in the park. Out of a whim, she decides to help Mashu with his practice, with her knowledge of soccer at her disposal. As they practice together on an everyday routine, the two eventually develop an emotional bond. When Satoko's ex-boyfriend deceives her, Mashu gladly comforts her. And when Satoko learns of Mashu's mostly absent parents, she starts to concern herself with his personal life. The two lonely souls find common ground and develop an emotional bond that transcends their age difference and circumstances. With this newfound bond, new feelings start to sprout within Satoko. Are these feelings that of maternity? Or is it something else?
Or is it something else?
So, "beautiful boy" with "mostly absent parents" consoles a "30-year-old" who "still hasn't been able to find happiness in her life" after that woman's "ex-boyfriend deceives her" as they spend time together alone in the park while developing "an emotional bond that transcends their age difference and circumstances" that as a result of this "newfound bond, new feeling start to sprout."

GEE. I WONDER WHAT THIS MANGA IS ABOUT? You know, after reading the description of the entire premise of the plot and its scenario. Is this about an age-gap romance?
...ok.

Isn't this the same interview that was added onto the end of last chapter? I noticed that you included the manuscript this time, though, so thank you!

Contributor
Is age-gap romance, shotaxanee subgenre, nothing wrong with it, but indeed is more a josei, so it have less male readers and more female ones. I'm surprised the author is surprised, this genre have it niche like many others.

I'm still going to read because I am interested in their relationship and relate to Satoko's struggles, but I wish it was a romance considering how very few it is to find some (or at least, well-written with maturity) and capitalize on it.

The author said it will end in shit those 2 are never gonna be in a relationship haha fuck my life I'm dropping this shit.

Thank you for sharing this! I know a lot of people were reading for and hoping for romance, and I can't say that I wasn't one of them, but I've come to appreciate more and more the quantity of thought behind this manga, and how much the author struggled over the ethical implications of what they were writing.

Dex-chan lover
"A child should never get romantically involved with an adult." So how about when Hayami is 18 and Satoko is 36 ;) In the raws, Hayami is approaching 18 soon, like at least a year or two away. I wanna see the two of them get together! Although I wont be super disappointed if he ends up with someone different but ideally he ends up with Satoko.

Thanks for your hard work 😊 this interview it's such a bonus! I love it! Are you gonna still work on this manga? Lots of love for you ❤

I think the author is growing with the characters as she writes. So for people who feel that Mashuu and Satoko's relationship isn't well defined, well, I think it would be really hard to outline what direction you'd want a relationship to go in this scenario. It seems the author herself is still figuring it out while struggling with ethical/moral/legal issues and the kind of story she wants to tell.

Whether they end up together or not, I'm enjoying this series. I'll still feel weird if they do end up together once he's 18. Whatever it is, I'm in for the ride. The character conflicts are great. Also I started buying the volumes since they're being released in my country. Definitely one for my collection.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird reading this and then looking back on the promotional material at the end of vol4

Dex-chan lover
I hope they'll get together but I find it interesting how she writes he works, but I hope she can overcome her apprehensions.

Being Indian, seeing the author talk about Baahubali flustered me too much AHAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread