Land - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Double-page supporter
Thank you for updating it again so soon :3 (There aren't any flying cars in that futuristic world? What blasphemy!)

Aggregator gang
I'm a little mixed with the direction this took. At first when they saw modern buildings in the distance I thought this could be a post-apocalyptic sort of story where only a few people knew how to use the technology there but didn't want their society to succumb to whatever happened to the previous one. With this reveal it's a little like M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. Spoilers for that movie but basically in the village it looks like they're living in the 1800s or something and then the TWIST is that these really rich professor type people decided they didnt wanna live in modern society bc it's EVIL so they used one rich guy in particular's money to build the place and make their own ideal society without tech. It was kinda a let down twist that didn't do the built up narrative any favors... So while i'm a bit let down, at the same time Im hopeful the story will go in a fresh direction with this. Im curious as to why Land is a thing in the story. And of course I love both Ans and Wasune. I wanna see where this goes for all of them to the end cuz im invested in their stories and their feelings lol. So I'll definitely keep going with it since I am still having a good time reading it~

Thanks for the translations as usual!

Fed-Kun's army
@curetwinkle I knew I wasn't the only one who thought this was similar to The Village! When I saw the hospital with Sutekichi, I was like "called it!" I'm curious too of where this manga is going.

Power Uploader
@Curetwinkle While first just wanting to say I love your avatar.
I'd like to point out the last line of the description: The story reflects the author, Yamashita Kazumi's unease for the nation of Japan.

From chapter one, I kind of expected something like this(It's one of the reasons I picked up the series). But I as well would like to see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread