Battle Angel Alita

Aggregator gang
Wow!!!!! 10 chapters with no pages, fabulous and FAST read!
why even bother to put it up here, if you can't fukin read it?!?!?!?!?

Dex-chan lover
Couple pages in on another site, it says Viz right at the top of the page
001.jpg
. Unless the licensing falls through (unlikely, this is a classic, even if the current license holder(s) lose their entire business they'll probably sell at least this off to someone else on the way out), those scans aren't allowed on here. Someone could just scanlate the whole thing from some other release like the original Japanese volumes... but who's going to bother? The entire thing is already uploaded on every other site in English. Get your adblocker up and running and dive in. Or buy it. Whatever floats your boat.

One of the greatest, most iconic sci-fi series of all time, this has been one of my favorite manga since I first read it in the 90's, when I found a few single issues in the 25 cent bin at my nearby comic book store. I still remember first hearing about James Cameron wanting to make a movie of it like 20 years ago, and when it actually came out and was actually really god damn good, man, dream come true. Really hope that sequel is in the works, the movie did well and was well regarded, and I know JC wants to continue at least through the Motorball arc.

Please go buy it if you are at all interested. As of this post, Comixology's monthly subscription allows you to read the ENTIRE first series of GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita(9 volumes) with just the subscription, so like 10 bucks I think to read the whole thing if you binge it in a month. Pretty goddamn good deal tbh. The sequel series only improve on the art, Last Order rivals One Punch Man's art quality a lot of the time, and the cybernetic designs are top shelf.

The art is some of the best I have ever seen in a manga. There is some ridiculously meticulous work to be seen in the first couple of volumes.

When I found the large volumes of this manga at one of the bookstores around my parents house, I purchased EVERY book available back then. (The Large volumes are not only dual tomes (two tomes in one), but also enlarged. Around 7" x 10" if I'm not wrong.)
I paid many hundreds of dollars for the whole package and I remember the face of the cashier when I brought all the book. I had 3 full bags filled to the brim. ;)

I am just about finished this series and I have to say that I have greatly enjoyed this train ride.

Chapter 2 with
Hugo
threw me for a loop, and I truly didn't expect it to impact the rest of the series the way it did. This series got away from itself a little bit, and I definitely miss the earlier introspection. That is not to say that the introspection is not there in the later chapters.... just that it doesn't have that same.... umami.

Double-page supporter
A dystopian sci-fi future where humans take advantage of other humans instead of robots turning against humans? Now, that sounds more realistic.
Oh, and then revealing the elite was also programmed to behave by a superior unseen elite?
This author may be onto something.

Rushed ending, and that is why we have Last Order, but nothing beats a story with a world full of veiled mysteries yet being more focused on their characters with subtle moral and self-reflective themes (what it means to be human, the idea of freedom, human ambition an also his cowardice...) like it was in this manga.
I don't mind this, ending with Alita transformed into a fkin tree of life. Is more appropriate, in fact.

Ok, whatever. Let me keep consuming Motorball matches, I mean, other mangas.

Users who are viewing this thread