Art Contest Closed: Check out our entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Our first official contest has completed as of 6/24/2018. What a wild ride! I can honestly say I didn't expect the outpouring of enthusiasm and talent we've seen in this contest. It surpassed my wildest dreams!

The staff will be using the last week of June to consider which entries to vote for. We will use run-off voting to determine the winner and runner up. Meaning, we will have rounds of voting until the entries with 0 or the least amount of votes have been eliminated and only two entries remain. We will then vote to determine the winner and runner up.

Good luck to everyone! Check out our contest entries here and feel free to offer constructive criticism and praise here!

Edit: You can see our judging method here as well as which entries won!

Staff
Super Moderator
We have our winners!

Our two runners up are @leoleoleoleo and @legatius

Our first place entrant is @caprisun

Feel free to offer your congratulations to the winners and check out their entries in the links provided in the OP.

Group Leader
A lot of good stuff here - special props to @legatius for sheer effort: they almost all look good and professional.

@virtual, I liked your mascot, and @waterflame and @laxx, I liked your logos. @Yuudaari had good clean branding if you were going for a silicon valley look, if Instagram didn't sue.

@caprisun had a lot of good entries - which won? Did I miss that somewhere?

Staff
Super Moderator
@MarcusMaranello

I've edited the OP to give a link to the judging thread. Hope that answers your question!

Contributor
Sorry, I'm a little out of the loop. So, based on the little icon on the tab and the logo on the beta site, those are going to be legatius's designs, and the mascot will be caprisun's? Btw, I am loving legatius's professional-looking minimalist designs, leoleoleo's cute af cat, and caprisun's cool girl. Actually, I love all the entries. You're all cool drawpeople

congrats to the winner and runner ups! Everyone did such a great job! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the designs will be implemented!

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Motley You can check it out on the beta website.
Cat for logo, cat for favicon, cat for banner, three versions for caprisun's mascot for the default avatar. If you refresh the page, it randomizes the image.
http://beta.mangadex.org/group/128

http://beta.mangadex.org/user/52000

Contributor
All the entries were so wonderful, y'all are so talented I wanna cry at the lack of my own <3

@plykiya Thanks for the heads up! Looks great, too. I'm pretty relieved the banner wasn't just stuck to the top of the page. This combo was probably my ideal outcome i'd say!

Group Leader
Beta with the new designs looks nice. Good idea not to use a large banner, since I think it would just be unnecessary clutter. A minimalist design is best IMO.

leoleoleo's 10 different white cats are so freaking cute AF, that if they were made into rubber or acrylic keychains in a gacha blind-box, I'd buy a dozen to collect them all. Anybody here business and logistics savvy? Because I'd love to see that happen--it could be mangadex's first foray into brand merchandising to help fund the site. Just an idea.

legatius's sleeping cat icon looks very clean, which I think matches very well the site.

My favorite would be caprisun's designs--all of them, including the catgirl version with the flowers. Simply adorable. I thought the pigtails were a nice touch; really gives the "Bungaku Shoujo" vibe.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Harry_Dong
You'll be happy to know that @leoleoleoleo has been asked to create forum icons utilizing their cat design and they've agreed! We're eagerly awaiting the results of their work. I hope that we get to showcase more of their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread