81diver

Group Leader
no idea if you guys read the comments here but thank you so, so, so much for your continued work in translating this series. every time i think it can't get crazier, it does. quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites even though i don't know anything about shogi.

Fri

Aggregator gang
Same here. This manga is basically the Samurai Flamenco of sport manga. At first it's a somewhat-realistic shogi manga with juuust the slightest feel of strange smell of shenanigans. There's underground shogi, there's shogi in maid costume. then 20 volume later BAM, here we are with taking over the world and evolving humanity to next level with shogi. You feel like a boiled frog. The temperature change so slightly that you didn't even notice you're already in boiling water at the end.

Group Leader
I think one of my favorite parts of this manga is how it approaches sexuality. From how Chidori is very frank about her age ("you wanna see my tits?! my saggy old woman tits?!") to how the two characters we've seen so far that are gay (or at least, who are men that are in love with men) aren't treated as a joke at all, I think that's really nice. It's a good change from how that kind of thing is usually shown in Japanese media. Surprisingly tender. Thanks as always for the scans.

Fri

Aggregator gang
Can anyone help me a bit? I've been trying to find a specific chapter for a while, with no luck. Rather than actually reading the whole manga again, maybe one of you could help me. Anyone remember at which chapter did Young Tanio appear, and there's explanation of his goal to evolve humanity with Shogi or something in that line?

Nothing but respect for the Hi Wa Mata Noboru team for actually completing the series. Thanks for the hard work.

Dex-chan lover
this manga started fucking great. It started realistic and with romance. Mid way through the story the shit gets crazy with shit that doesnt make any sense. By the end of the manga you wont even recognize the fuck this is, its like level over 9000 in shitness crazy bullshit.

Dont bother reading this manga, trust me.

I'm blown away by the speed in which they have managed to scanlate this. I used to struggle with TL for 2 SJ length chapters a week and these guys just crushed that.

Fri

Aggregator gang
This was a ride. A down to earth manga about underground shogi that end with playing shogi in collapsing building for the fate of Japan. Definitely one of my favourite manga of all time. I'll miss this.

Group Leader
Copying my comment from the last chapter so people can read it if they stumble on this page by accident (no spoilers don't worry).
Gotta say, this manga was great. It sucks you in with its very otaku-friendly premise of "woah a beautiful woman in akiba is a shogi genius by day and a maid by night!" and then slowly just goes crazier and crazier. If I had read this when I was younger, I absolutely would've picked up shogi as a hobby. I still do want to learn the rules better so I could at least properly enjoy seeing how these games are really playing out. Still, even as somebody who doesn't really get shogi at all beyond the basics of the basics, highly recommend it.

I really hate the art. There’s something so disgusting about it. The bloated figure perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread