Isekai Omotenashi Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2 - Onee-chan and Jiggly Pudding Made with Fresh Eggs ②

Thanks to almighty magic they even get their gas and their electricity in the new world. What a convenient magic spell.

Dex-chan lover
@GurryCurryBurry if you think fantasy world there should be things like magic stones so maybe they use that to power the stuff in the house. It has been a month since they've been there after all

@ LayZzz

I was just ripping at the part, where they show cooking utensils and appliances from our world being used like normal without much explanation despite them being in another world.

Group Leader
I don't understand what was the point of making this an Isekai...

If they wanted to create a situation where the big sister feels useless while being pampered, they could have gone with something like: "The little sister is actually to be married to a prince from another country, and has to do a lot of training in order to be ready." or "After her high school entrance exams, they realised that the little sister in actually a super genius, and she and her big sister are brought to government facilities to help furthering her genius more."

This isekai setting is not only useless for the moment, they even ignore anything what could make a bit of "Isekai drama".
Like electricity and gas working, the eggs are exactly like our earth's, same for the rest of the ingredients... No problems with language, tradition or religion. Seems like in this "medieval society", women are treated the same as men too. She can even order around a knight (and a noble at that...) without anyone batting an eye.

If this is just a cooking manga with absolutely no reason to be an isekai (I'll give it 2 more chapters), then I'm dropping this.

Page 9, lower right panel: Did anyone else felt compelled to read that along to the tune of ODB's "Got Your Money" (with altering some words to fit, of course)?

(Hey, Onee / Baby where is my pudding / Are they done yet / I said hey)

Dex-chan lover
This is a cute manga, but I agree. The isekai theme is not only useless, it makes the reader confused, like where is the electricity come from to cook? The water? The wastes? The ingredients?

Dex-chan lover
Where did they get gas?
Why is the stove still working?
Author fucked up here.

Fed-Kun's army
Speaking as an author -- choosing to hand-wave something is not always "fucking up".

How realistic are the "universal translators" of Star Trek? How much would you want to watch the show they'd have to make if they didn't have the universal translators, where every fucking week the vast majority of the time would be spent not in dealing with the actual issues - who wants what? what are they willing to do to get it? can our Starfleet personnel intervene? and even if they can, should they? -- but instead on the minutiae of how you figure out what the fuck an alien species is talking about.

I can't blame this author if they thought "Hmmm, should I go into big detail in the very first story about how the utilities are maintained in their new world? No, because that's not where I want the focus of my story to be. I want to write about food being an expression of nurture and friendship, not about infrastructure."

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it would've been easy to deal with this without dwelling on it though. You mentioned the universal translator, there. Right there. It's a macguffin that doesn't need thorough explanation, its function is in its name even. Oh, they're translating everything in real time. Moving along.

Here, all it really needed was "It's really convenient that for some reason our house seems to still be connected to the pipes and power cables from our world. Ain't magic neat?" That's a hand wave. What happened here was completely ignoring it instead.

Users who are viewing this thread