Option in settings to choose default status when following a manga :rejected:

Just like the title says, having an option in the settings to allow us choose what default status we want when clicking the follow button.

For example, sometimes I like to just browse for manga to add to my backlog or while looking at the last updates I see various manga that catches my attention but I don't want to read it just now or just don't want to forget the name so I just throw it into my plan to read instead of clutering my prioritized manga (reading). Sure, I can just click on the dropdown menu and select plan to read but I think for conveniece it would be nice to have an option to set the default status so Instead of doing the dropdown menu thing I just press that follow button and BAM, into the plan to read it goes.

So, what do you think?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Two problems that I can see: Placement, design and/or functionality of the option (user settings? near the follow button? always remember the last category?) and the likely possibility of the user forgetting about it and putting a bunch of follows in the wrong category.

Maybe even putting "Remember last used category for the follow button" as a checkbox option in the user settings :thonkang:

At any rate, this would potentially save the user from having to make an extra click per exceptional follow at the cost of overall increased complexity. Not sure if that's worth it.

Hmmm. Remembering the last category doesn't seem like a good idea, users will most likely forget what category they added the last manga they followed and it is more prone to adding entries to the wrong categories. To me it seems more troublesome.

I don't think users will forget what category they defaulted to. I mean, they're the ones in charge of their settings, but even so, they can be able to change it whenever they want it.

As for the button or option placement, yeah no idea too.

Just my 2cents.

Users who are viewing this thread