Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 3 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
So the story of Iris meeting baka prince for the first time definitely never happen in the WN version (It was never stated in the WN why she looks up/love that idiot prince to begin with). It's sad to see that she works hard for him only to get dumped away.
Later in the WN, she even wondered why did she ever feel in love with him to begin with. That guy even start to take away her workers during the arc when her company got excommunicated by the church.

Dex-chan lover
What I'd like to know, ahead of however long it's going to take, is why Dean ever showed up in the first place. Did he come because of the fief's sudden progression? Perhaps the fief's new lord? Or maybe even just wandering in like a curious cat?

And now, something completely different. I've always wondered how a person ends up living as a soul in another body. Does the soul take over completely and erase the old, or maybe they merge into someone new? Iris, in her previous form was a workaholic with no real experience in love- that we know of. While memory Iris is a life with one love that betrayed her for some
spiteful honeytrap cunt
. So it feels like we're seeing memory Iris in earnest, one who has cut ties with love and- as she says, "created a line". You'd think a merged Iris would be less likely to draw lines in the sand, as the soul Iris knows of the 'game', and that her betrayal was practically ordained by cruel gods. Maybe it's the fact she is falling in love again in the first place that which makes the merged Iris?
#Showerthoughts

Dex-chan lover
Oh, wow, the second prince actually used to have a semblance of personality.
Kinda ironic hat he used to tell people to look past someone's status while he's now flaunting his royalty to fulfill the otome's protag every demands.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
What I'd like to know, ahead of however long it's going to take, is why Dean ever showed up in the first place. Did he come because of the fief's sudden progression? Perhaps the fief's new lord? Or maybe even just wandering in like a curious cat?
To me, it seems like he's just going to purge some noble by reporting their corruption semi-anonymously, but then unintentionally get recruited by Iris.
Then Iris' workaholic and vision kept him there.

Then again, dunno, haven't read the novel.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
In the WN. Dean visited the fief out of curiosity after hearing the rumor of its progression, he also wanted to hire whoever responsible for the sudden progression for his own personal gain (According to the WN that is). But to his surprise, he never expected it was Iris and he slowly abandons his goal of trying to hire her and tries his best to help her while hiding his true identity.
In the case of Iris, rather than a new soul taking over the body. It was more of a sudden memory of the past storming your brain, she still remember who she is now and also who she was. Of course she knew that what she is experiencing now is part of what once a game her past self used to play. But at the same time, game logic doesn't really work since the original game never delve deep into the politics and power struggle. Her action may have already changed the original game route as far as I can see. As for the love part, seeing that this manga may be following the LN version. There maybe some difference in the later chapter that doesn't appear in the WN version.
@mage_goo
I was surprised myself. In the WN, I always thought the 2nd prince was always a D-ck and Iris love for him is simply because he was the 2nd prince. Knowing now that Iris love for him was pure and seeing her being dumped by him after she did her best makes me even more pissed at that bastard.

Dex-chan lover
@Kucai
The manga is most definitely adapted from the LN version, since I've noticed details that haven't shown up in the WN version that's been translated. Some novel series I've read added new stuff like this probably to elaborate on weird details like this whether it's a side story or some kind of added extra detail. It's to either explain or deal with a possible plot hole or fix a detail so the story flows better. I always wondered what probably caused Iris to fall in love with the baka prince. Manga adaptions are almost always from the LN version.

@Vasqueztion
From my memory about Dean's thing.
Since the fief under Iris's leadership was showing many changes. Particularly things like banking, the reforms and such. It got his attention and thus he investigated to see what was going on. Soon he found that some aspects of the changes like the banking or some of the reforms could be used on a more larger scale for the kingdom. Also this is described in WN, he assumed it was someone under Iris that had these ideas, he didn't realize it was actually Iris herself coming up with those ideas. His original plot was the find out who it was, and bring them to his side.

This was supposed to be a temporary thing for him. But with his interactions with Iris kept having him come back. We see this in the manga a bit but their chemistry is super good.

For Iris, I think it's a bit of a weird merge. Like the two co-exist at the same time and work together at the same time yet you can tell there are separations. Iris's memories. Our MC's modern knowledge of accounting and various modern day products. There are random differences like, our MC's Japanese cuisine habits versus common sense, eating raw fish, nobility wouldn't eat raw fish like that usually I think, or our MC's yoga exercise usage versus what's normal for a lady of nobility since Tanya was disapproving of it.

Raise your hand if you want to kick Ed ass or have Tanya do it. Honestly, that girl gave her all to be the perfect person and stand by his side and his asshole self could even giver an present. Idk how such a cute kid could turn into such annoying guy, but now I can't wait to see him get his ass handed by Iris and Dean when the time comes.

Also, Iris cutie, open your heart to Dean. He is the most handsome and nice prince. I bet he won't disappoint you.

Thanks for the new update, you guys! It made my week so much better! You guys are doing an marvelous job

@Vasqueztion: Is just speculation but I think Dean was aiming for learn more about his country/business and then got involved with commerce guild and then later meet Iris. I think he might got curious about it bc it follows the trend of the fiefs of the persons that support him. Also, about the soul thing, in the WB novel, they say that their souls merged, so is "Iris" and "MC" together, I think, sharing the same feelings, but with different memories (?). Idk, I don't understand much of the concept.

PS: Someone could tell me how the church excommunication incident is gonna be solved? I started the WB novels, but I have a feeling that I gonna be super angry about it when it happens and it would help to know how is gonna be solved.

Dex-chan lover
@irmaars21 : I'd raise an army to have the 2nd prince getting his ass kicked.
As for how the church situation resolved
Early on the arc, Iris was basically cornered because all the evidence needed to counter the church claim was gone. The company is slowly getting ruined and the 2nd Prince is taking away all of her workers and using their knowledge to rival Iris company. Only a handful of workers left who are still loyal to Iris company. Luckily, Dean came to rescue by obtaining some super sekret document that only high level church members have access to. Iris knew that to get such document, only people with high social status can get it for example a prince but she didn't dig too much into in (WN version that is). So with all the evidence in their hands and with the help of Rapheal and some acting. They managed to put the head bishop out of job because of corruption and making his son which is part of Yuri's harem not eligible to be the next Bishop and also was kicked out of the harem due to him being of no use to Yuri anymore.

@irmaars21 if you want a spoiler i can give some details from the WN version of how it ends

The excommunication arc end with a trial of Iris regarding the supposed issue for the excommunication, the illegal sale of a church. During the trial, unbeknownst to the people trying to attack and weaken Iris and her family, Iris was able to gather evidence and witnesses to prove that the sale did go through the church and was approved by them. First evidence was a brown book which is a church document that contained names of church members and a record of transactions performed by the church which included the church that was sold. She received the book from a good priest introduced by Dean who wanted to purge the corrupt priests from the church. Then the witnesses were two priests that were involved in the sale of the church who were fired shortly before the excommunication issue started. Iris basically caused a huge reversal and the church ended up being investigated by the Queen Dowager's order with the good priest leading the investigation and a purge of many high ranking members of the church, including the pope.

Thanks so much, @kevmasterxoc and @Kucai, you guys are really gonna help me go through the WB novel knowing how this shit show is gonna end. Also, I thought I couldn't hate Ed more, but here I am, burning with hatred just thinking about little shit.

Just another questions:
Do this happens before or after that they discover that Yuri is a spy of the other kingdom? Berne is on Iris side when this whole church thing happen or still in the harem? And do people, some nobles, of the country show later in the story? I noticed that on the cover of volume 3 or 4 there is a foreign man in it.

Dex-chan lover
The soul thing is quite simple, as explained in the first chapter, the two lives are merged. She is one person now, with memories of both lives, but as she says in this chapter, she is starting over from when the second set of memories came up in her mind, the day of the break up. So both pasts are in the past, and her personality and behavior have averaged out between them.

Also, I just started the wn, and she does say that she started the story as chubby, and that's why she started the yoga.

Dex-chan lover
@irmaars21
The WN has been translated further while LN isn't so all of the answer here is based on the WN
In the WN, Yuri is simply suspected as a spy but was never discovered to be one...yet. During the church drama, Berne has completely left the harem and have reconciled with Iris although Iris still wont forgive Berne completely. The arab looking guy in the cover is a fallen noble where he was tricked and have all his wealth taken away. Iris helped him get back on his feet and also retake what he lost, there is no hint of romance between them and it is more or less pure business
And some info on Yuri's harem based on WN
By the time during the church drama, only the bishop son and 2nd prince remained in her harem. Dorsen, the son of the knight which hold Iris down in the beginning got a stern lecture by his father on how he raised his hand on an unarmed women thus breaking the Knight code. His mother is also disappointed and told him what Iris did was natural since her fiance was being taken away by someone else. She also asked Dorsen what he did to Iris really was the right thing to do. Dorsen later got into practice duel with Lyle and guess what, he got his ass kicked and Lyle was actually aiming for a kill...maybe? but was luckily stopped by the ref. Dorsen later find out that Lyle and Dida are both working under Iris and that he was actually lucky he is still alive after what he did to Iris.

well for the ones mentioning the merge of egos the author is following a patterns or a model (I call them that doesn't mean there are any define models) but as I only have the manga pointers can be describe as follow base of other models or ways of use it by other author's/tales/histories. this is my take or interpretation I'm not saying is 100% correct but feel free to look at it, I put it in a tag to keep it short.
-the body contains its birth conscience which is Iris and could ether poses the Japanese ego dormant or injected by.... lets call it divine intervention lol.
-the moment the awareness of the Japanese conscience kicks in the dominant ego goes dormant giving access to the brain information to the new dominant ego, in some cases the new ego may lose temporarily it's own memories with partial access or a total lose only aware that it is not there own body as they access memories that are not there own or believe then not to be there's.
-the new ego (japanese personality) behaves as it knows and molds to the habits of the new memories it receives from the dormant ego ( she is smart so it adapts quickly but it still behaves like her former self).
- in some cases the which is my take as the author has not indicate much on the physiologic aspect but I'm tending to. the new ego is melting with Iris and the 2 egos will become one as there memories, behaviors and personalities lose there boundaries and become one person one ego.
- in some cases the dormant ego stays a singularity and eventually resurface and tries to ether take over or could also cooperate on the background which is very unlikely it happens here as far as I know of the history so far. (this are mostly use for work some personal growth or struggle for the mc).
for those who have there own perspective and this help you clear out your own opinion it will be great.
ones again this not it but my interpretation of it I hope it helps and sorry I try it to keep it as short as possible with some main points.

Dex-chan lover
I really can't understand why is she letting something that didn't actually happened to her have so much effect, she has the memories and experience of a whole different life, other than the memories of the noble girl one, just get over it and stop acting like the noble girl life was yours...
She has known him for 2 months at most at this time right? Is it really this much time for her to feel this way about him?

Dex-chan lover
@Lenk Basicly the MC is losing sight of who she is then. Interesting and it does seem like a commom hapenstance in these kind of scenarios, good think the author didn't go that route with Bakarina (from another manga).

Group Leader
@mahtan but she is that noble girl. every aspect of iris' life experiences and memories are hers in their entirety.

Users who are viewing this thread