Shounen Maid

Fed-Kun's army
I don't even remember where we left off with this one.

>*drools at the possibility of infinite housework*
Are we sure this guy's name isn't Emiya Shirou?

This is one of good underrated series
The anime adaption aired back then but the feedback was really low. Especially in its season.
I make the review about this in MAL, despite the art is not amazing. It is really heart-warming and flows well.

I hesitate at first if it's turned out to be shounen-ai. Fortunately no. This is unexpectedly deep and the situation is quite complex. It shows how lively the athmosphere is, cute and calming. But when a certain topic was brought up, it touched my heart.

It really is good. I recommended it.

Group Leader
This manga always remind me that sometimes, sometimes, it’s fine to go to jail.

thank you for picking this up! this is such a cute & warm series. the anime adaptation was great as well - sad that it didn't do great but it stayed true to the original feel of the manga so I appreciate that :'D

Dex-chan lover
You guys could do with some proof reading and quality checking. Lots of speech bubbles could be phrased better and some are completely incoherent.

@lewd your uncivilized comment is the proof that you write insults without even reading the chapter! This is shoujo and it’sa heartwarming story about family. Save your filthy mouth and judgemental brain somewhere else!

Double-page supporter
@moth woah, I can't believe you'd construe "gay" as an insult... talk about homophobic...

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@lewd
Low effort, single word posts with a word that is most likely either meant to offend or act as bait? Yeah, please don't do that.

Thanks,

Zeph

All slice of life and no conflict makes shonen maid a dull manga.

Well, that’s unfair to say it has no conflict, but it’s really getting into Seinfeld levels of what do these characters do in this situation without the charm of Seinfeld characters so the whole thing feels flat. Admittedly there are some moments but they are spread much too thin. Overall an above average manga, but just barely. 6/10

The ending's kinda meh... but other than that, it was a nice, heartwarming slice of life for the most part. Would be glad if there's a sequel or a season for the anime.

Thank you very much for seeing this thorough to the end, talesofrubi! It's so rare to see this kind of cute, non-romantic slice-of-life series being completely scanlated (especially if the protagonist is a boy instead of a loli), so I'm doubly grateful!

Since I watch the anime, I really love it. Those complicated relationships between the family members really an eye opener. Chihiro and his uncle Madoka were awesome. The kid seems independent but deep inside he was noh dependent to his uncle.

I hope there will be another season. About the relationship of the mother and son.

Thank you for the translation. ☺☺☺

Group Leader
There was a lot of love put into this manga, and it is reflected onto its quality. The manga did a nice job of not letting the somber premise dictates the flow of the rest of the storyline - some manga does this, and it the plot usually ends up being restrained and/or predictable. The art is amazing, it's charming and probably one of the best styles I've seen in a shoujo. The main conflicts of the manga however, was resolved pretty unsatisfactorily. This is partly due to its bad pacing, especially during the last one-third where the ending came abruptly. Nonetheless, Shounen Maid is an adorable slice-of-life that I wish there was more of, but it's still great the way it is

Users who are viewing this thread