Disability in manga

Group Leader
I've recently became interested in a way all sorts of disabilities are handled in manga and i'm searching for suggestions of mangas portraying them.
Manga does not have to be centered around disability - but it should be important part.
All mangas with futuristic prostetisc/robotic parts/magical hands are of course exluded.
I'm aware of Perfect World, but i'm searching for other examples.
Thanks in advance.

mangas potraying disabilities? like https://mangadex.org/title/8436/koe-no-katachi ?

The best I can say is Real

https://www.mangaupdates.com/showtopic.php?tid=1

Check it. There are many choice :)

Available here fully
Futsuu ni Naritai (prosopagnosia)

Partially available here with official trans
I am a Hero (dementia)
Perfect World (paralysis)

One of the few ongoing series that I have been following since bato.to days. I believe all of them have (mental) problems. A few have physical issues, though I don't believe any are physically disabled. You probably already know about it since it has been on the homepage under Top Manga pretty much since MD was created. Light-hearted Comedy.
Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu.

Suppresses temptation to link every LQ isekai as MC with mental issues

Contributor
If you also accept Manhwa, I suggest then "Can't See Can't Hear But Love", a story between a blind man and a deaf and mute woman.
There are some other characters who has disabilities such as the MC's mother who has dementia.

It's completed normally but it's missing the end.

Group Leader
@kaza_hesto Thanks - it's really good.
And thanks to all of You for recommendations - it will take me some time, to check all, but i'm very thankful!

Group Leader
how about Your Lie in April? or maybe Garden of Words? And the most popular one like Koe no Katachi (Silent Voice)?

Group Leader
@sastrathebest Garden of Words has no chapters in english to my disapointment.
And I've already read the rest, but still thanks for Your suggestions.

Group Leader
simply watch it on netflix if you can't wait any longer, though what I recommended for you minutes ago was to watch not to read.
Have a nice day

Double-page supporter
I've read them quite a while ago so I don't remember the plot exactly, but both Hakuji and Only You - Tobenai Tsubasa revolve around blindness.

Oh, also, Tengoku ni Musubu Koi is quite dark, but a great read about conjoined twins, which is a pretty rare topic.

Users who are viewing this thread