The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 4 Ch. 21.5 - Extras

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation
is it meant to be translated as 'this is not a place where you should'?

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Isn't "The moon is beautiful" supposed to be an old-fashioned way of proposing?

VIP
@BCS some novelist being subtle in the confession, thus the words come as indirect way to confess...

or it could just mean in literal way.

taken from danbooru's pool for said phrase, "Historical Episode - Natsume Souseki and Love Confessions":
During his time as an English teacher, when a student translated "I love you" into Japanese as literally as "我君ヲ愛ス", he is said to have remarked, "A Japanese person would never say something so unromantic. Translate it as 'The moon sure is beautiful (月が綺麗ですね)', that will get the point across."
Some claim what he actually said was "The moon sure is beautiful when I'm with you.", but no reliable sources for this story have been found in the first place, so there is a high probability that the episode was a literary invention or an urban legend. What can be said with certainty is that this story had spread long before it was popularized on the internet and worldwide web.

Dex-chan lover
page 2 : the art of another artist is so weird , i dont recognize some characters , like some maids at the bottom . and is it jinshi who is sitting on Mao Mao 's hand ?

it is weird to see that this manga has 2 writers : the light novel writer , and a middle person , the storyboard artist Nanao Itsuki , who translates the novel 's texts to the manga 's structure by drawing story sketchs or something . i guess its purpose is to reduce the workloads of the artist Nekokurage .

i guess this manga is on a short break this month because the artist is working on the extras of volume 5 .

Fed-Kun's army
@trov34 probably
HnqP9Ax.jpg

Dex-chan lover
my goodness this also spoils jinshi's status with the clothing lol

Users who are viewing this thread