Future of mangadex

After scanlators drama shitstorm, I think its scanlators loss, aggregator sites like, kiss, box, etc would win. Scanlation groups would lose their visitors, everyone would like to read their favorite mangas on aggregate sites or apps.

I hope doki scan or scanlation groups that still exist in md would take over some missing popular mangas in md so that md not take huge loss in the future.

The bottom line is always money. Whatever you may read, or hear from groups/MD, it will always be about potential revenue. I've talked/worked with Holo during the creation of the site, so I'm somewhat biased as I knew at the time what his visions of the site would be, even though they could could/eventually would change.

Scanlators are breaking away, and now have free reign to rake in ad revenue and link their patreon/donation links all over their respective websites for potential income.

MD has the potential to go legitimate, getting bought out, or going legit on their own(doubt it). Which in turn would turn this site into something like Crunchyroll and the like, subscription-based or pay-per-chapter, etc. That's the scary part, my hope is that they leave MD as is, and if the group decides to go legitimate, create a separate domain as to not screw the readers and scanlators over.

I'm sure we'll be getting an announcement soon, as someone who's previously worked with a scanlation group, this has gotta be a nerve-wracking time, nobody knows what's about to happen but this drama isn't good for the community, scanlators or MD as a whole.

Miku best girl
Admin
We're working on a clarification statement, will be posted later.

But just putting it into perspective, of the thousands of groups using this site, less than 0.1% left. We will get on just fine - other groups will fill in the gaps given time - that's how a free market works.

@Holo I understand, and I'll wait until y'all post a clarification statement before I get ahead of myself. I know you and the staff created this site for the community, it's just unnerving hearing rumors that you guys will potentially go the Crunchyroll route. Been over a year since we last spoke over email but I believe in you and your team, I'm hoping future incidents can be solved via communication rather than hearing it through the grapevine and realizing a few(some with big name titles) groups left.

Keep up the great work, hope this drama is resolved soon.

@Holo For you it’s 0.1%. For me it’s a bunch of manga I have to find somewhere else. This pains me a bit...

Miku best girl
Admin
@Fraas

We will add a notification feature that will solve your issue.

Dex-chan lover
Halloween Necro Festival

I swear by the time V5 actually comes, MD will have already gone Legit

A

Users who are viewing this thread