• Never + 3 Infinities

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Seriously, they won’t work it out

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Seriously, I’m sure they’ll work it out

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, as many of you have noticed, some groups have pulled their series for drama related reasons. I don’t know the specifics, and if someone would like to fill me in that would be great. So far, it looks like all of the groups that are leaving are the groups that like to do the whole “Let’s post chapters on our website 3 weeks in advance” type of groups, but they do good work so I’m bummed that they aren’t in a reliable hub with an excellent reader anymore *coughJaiminiBoxHasATerribleReadercough* Sorry, bad cough there.

Edited
Anyway thrown shade aside, maybe we could find a different hub? I know I said earlier why don’t we switch to Bato but I’m wrong. It’s terrible. I retract my statement in its entirety.

Maybe this drama will sort itself out soon, which would be nice. There’s a poll for how long you think it’ll take for this drama to fix itself, if it does.

Group Leader
because it's not actually bato.to

mangapark or whatever seems to have bought the domain and made a page using their name for their own means

in other words, as far as I gather, the current bato.to is just a hollow shell being used by someone else as another aggregate site that this one specifically aims to not emulate

@occu
Well that would make sense, I mean it’s got a lot of stolen content. But like, is there a better hub for manga I can go to for every manga? 🤷‍♂️ I’ve just gotta turn to the dark side now

Edited:
I’m sorry I’m totally wrong guys, the place I was suggestion (Bato) sucks. It’s just terrible.... Honestly, I’m even sorry I suggested it.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Danthefan My suggestion to you at this time is to use us for what we have, and use the group sites for the rest. Failing that, you'll have to find the least cancerous aggregator. Make sure you wear protection and don't catch a virus!

@Holo Oh I’m still totally going to use MD, it’s an amazing site. I love it to death! So I’m just going to wait till this drama blows over (hopefully soonish). But other than that, I’ll try to use a site that isn’t cancerous like the new Bato, KM, etc. I’ve been kinda liking MP, but it’s just so bad 😬
Do you know what happened that caused those groups to leave MD?

Miku best girl
Admin
We'll be posting a clarification statement on the drama later. You can look at the drama thread in the groups forums if you want to find out, lol.

@Holo Sweet, I’ll definitely do that and keep an eye out for that! I missed the groups thread entirely 😅

A good alternative for those various decentralized group sites would be RSS feeds and a reader. I checked for some when the drama was going down though and I couldn't find one for a single group ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I mean I know RSS is ancient by this point, but it was made specifically for these use-cases and it works wonders for the podcast community.

Someone who actually reads one of these groups' series might want to bug them about it, considering they want to go at it alone.
Also Jaimini's Box seems to also offer zips for those who don't want to use their crappy reader. Just save it as .cbz and read it offline in your comic book reader of choice. Can't help you with their crappy scanlations though~

Fed-Kun's army
You might like MangaHasu if you don't like KM or some of the other popular aggregates.

It's reader isn't as good as MD's reader (it's basically KM's reader) and has a decent library. It's got a notification system for updated chapters. Also don't forget to gear up with an adblock.

Currently using that place to read the stuff of the groups that pulled out.

Users who are viewing this thread