My Girlfriend Is a Zombie

This has finally gotten a manhua adaptation. I'm not sure how good it will be but it seems so far that it is alright. There is a novel version that is being translated into English (not sure about other languages) but it's not bad (not super good either I'ts pretty standard as far as Chinese WN genre is concerned). This does take a slightly different approach to how Zombies are depicted in normal media, in that these "Zombies" have been infected by some virus ("Virus Girlfriend" is the English name given by the Chinese author/artist) and then turned into mindless husks that roam like traditional Zombies would. The story follows the MC as he tries to get his girlfriend (it's actually childhood friend who was one step away from becoming girlfriend) back to her pre-infection state (basically a human). They explore the mysteries of the virus and stuff.

My only concern is how they will handle the explicit content in the novel. There are quite a few R-18 explicit scenes and Chinese manhua adaptations generally change the story (sometimes outright modification) in order to make it reader/children friendly (I'm looking at you Douluo Dalu/Soul Land 1) so I'll wait and see how it goes when it gets there.

P.S. The art is alright for now and seems to still follow the story (it's 13 chapters in in the raw manhua edition for now. I'm not too sure how much it covers compared to the novel though but the explicit content wasn't until like the mid-200s for the first scene).

Aggregator gang
@YueEr when you mean Explicit scenes.. You mean when they do the deed.. with his girlfriend as a zombie ? or you mean hack and slashing up zombies ?

Btw, she looks like she be really pretty as a non-zombie :eek:

There are quite a few scenes and incidents of sexual violence in the novel itself. Some of them were implied after the fact by how another character would behave. The author didn't exactly go into details explicitly on all of those scenes. But the hints that followed up made what happened blatantly apparent. There's too much spoiler content though. Also, people are comparing this to traditional concepts of zombies. But this follows more after the Resident Evil approach to zombies. Unfortunately it will probably be a long while before the manhua gets to the point where this comparison becomes strikingly appropriate. We'll just have to wait and see how the manhua differs from the novel.

The only thing that kind of gets me is the art. I would have pegged this one for a more realistic style in manhua form.

Dex-chan lover
Another one I almost skipped because I wasn't use to the name. I've read the novel 'My Girlfriend is a Zombie' and would of passed over if the cover didn't seem a little interesting.

no disrespect, but isn't qidian the ones licencing this? not that I care. they have 12 chaps over there

The novel its based on is good, one of my favourites actually so give that a go too if you want.

Seems like its following the story of the novel more or less so it should be okay, here's to hoping it doesnt get axed

Double-page supporter
these chinese series always doing this crap with extravagantly convenient situations but little development or explanation. And of course, it's yet another zombie series. At least the girl is hella hot and lewd, imma stick with it just for her.

Flashplayer
Later on there will be more gals
Thats why it has harem theme on it
That means moar gals with chlamdya

Users who are viewing this thread