E3 2019

It's that time of the year so here is a discussion thread on one of the biggest gaming events of the year (which from what I have heard is becoming less relevance due to the major gaming companies now holding their own presentations to showcase games, but we can enjoy this while the event last) and are hopes and reactions to the conferences that would begin next week.

To start with I am only interested in what Nintendo would be showcasing next week, and to a less extent Square Enix. Particularly I want to see what new games Nintendo has coming up as well as learn more about the upcoming Animal Crossing game. As for Square Enix at the present I am only interested in learning more about the Final Fantasy 7 remake and determining if the game is worth enough to invest in upon release (or more like when I get around to spending my money on games since I am budgeting).

Is there anything you all looking forward to watching or seeing in particular?

Dex-chan lover
Half-Life 3 I generally watch E3 not expecting anything, though usually after E3 I do ended up expecting something.
Like that time they announce there's Dishonored 2, it really caught me off guard, and after that I'm really looking forward for the game release.

Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's gate 3. I will probably look for smaller interesting games.

Dex-chan lover
ElDeR sCrOlLs SiX
cOd mOdERn WArfARe
BaTTlefIeLd 6?

Its disheartening to see great franchises fall.

Would actually want them to be good along with a Need for speed or another Resistance game but probs won't get any of that.

@ABCsOfLife

Interesting! Typically I see people having something they are looking forward to for E3.

. . . . . . . . . . .

By the way, I should of have added this on my first post of the topics, but here is the schedule for E3: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/...ce-dates-tickets-location-schedule-games-news
The first event was a live stream by EA, but that has ended so if you want to watch their last livestream you can do so on their youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isvyP3Bu2rc or you can see view the highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5f5h1_we54

However Microsoft's conference is later today at 4:00 p.m ET for anyone who is interested.

P.S Do you all know how to use the url feature properly? I can't seem to get it right.

@May_Lily the open and closing tags should be surrounded by square braces - [ url]awesomewebsite.cool[/url]
(added that leading space in the opening tag to avoid parsing)

Thanks, ItsQuote. It took a couple of tries but I got the links to work. Also you icon is funny. 😆I like it.

Okay. I will give that approach a try, LowSanity.

Update: I try to get it to work, but it won't for some reason. I can't tinker with it now since it's getting late at my time zone. Thanks anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . .

I watch a bit of Microsoft's conference through another live stream by a person I watch on youtube and twitch and spotted one game that interest me titled SpiritFarer with it's cute, colorful cartoon art style, but I would like to learn what the story is about. I could not watch the whole thing since I was out at dinner to celebrate my sister's early birthday but on the way home she shared with me that the next Tales of game was announced during the conference which is titled Tales of Arise. It surprise me to learn that a Tales of game was announced at Microsoft's conference but being that the game is coming to the Xbox 1as well as Playstation, and that Microsoft was the first company to have their conference it made sense the game was first announced in that event. The graphics looked way better then past Tales of games and the environment more expansive. Also this time around we are back with having a male protagonist, but I do not mind. I have good feeling of this game so far, but my main hope is that the story for this game would be both good and engaging because I do not know if it's me and the fact due to circumstance I have been playing/watching the recent Tales of game on and off, but I feel the story has been lacking compared to past Tales games. Not that the stories in those games are terrible but just something is missing I think. I can't put my finger on it.

Anyway later on I watch Bethesda's conference and felt neutral about what I have saw which is typical for me because I never was interested in their games enough to want to buy and play them. I had another live stream on from one of the people I follow on twitch and apparently according to them and much of the people in chat this conference was terrible. Further more there seem to have been some slip ups from one of the speakers forgetting to turn off their mike and spouting in rage over someone off stage (which I did had a link to which to share but it has been taken down apparently), to playing Nintendo music during one of their trailers. (Link). It turn out to have been a sound test but they forgot to take out the Nintendo music. I wonder if Nintendo is going to get on Bethesda for this.

Following Bethesda was Devolver Digital's Conference which ended up turning into them doing their first "direct" because reasons that happen last year that they could not fix in time (it's a skit). It was something. It was weird and disgusting at times. I didn't see any games that appeal to me either, but I am looking forward to a bit to seeing the continuation of this story they have going in their skit. Following the direct was Devolver Digital's after show thing which they called the Divolver Digital Pre-Pre Show, which is still on as I am typing this, but I am not going to watch the whole thing since I have two E3 related videos to watch and bed time. It's more shenanigans as they try to be like the other gaming studios but in their own way like their main presentation.

That is what I have seen from E3 today. So far it's just two games I am looking forward to so far which is expected. I look forward to seeing what Sqaure Enix has to bring tomorrow.

Dex-chan lover
@May_Lily

I’m in agreement about Bethesda. It will be a more wait and see sort of thing. Who knows when the next elder scrolls will release.

I’m interested in The Outer Worlds, (was a fan of fallout 1and 2) and cyberpunk 2077. I’ll see if I’m interested in anything else, otherwise I don’t want to hype myself up. At least Final Fantasy 7 remake has a release date now.

@May_Lily Ok, one last try [ url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIHfaGRv3s]Keanu Reeves On Stage[/url] Now i just deleted the space between the first "[" and the first "u" so it looks like this "[url=" and i get link looking like this: Keanu Reeves On Stage

Contributor
Cyberpunk 2077 still looks awesome. And while definitely years late, pso 2 coming free and fully updated should be a fun play.

And new Xbox hardware seems solid even if game library is probably meh.

@Xzayer

The Final Fantasy 7 remake having it's release date reveal was news to me this morning when I read your post. I was not expecting for the release date to be reveal before Square Enix's E3 Conference.

@LowSanity

I tried what said again and it works as you can see from my last post before this one. Thank you! ^_^

. . . . . . . . . . .

Today I learn a bit more of what was reveal during Microsoft's conference while I was away. Below are the ones that interest me most/felt worth enough to share my thoughts on.

First was the announcement of two games being Sega's Phantasy Star Online 2 and reveal of the official name of Bandai Namco's next Dragon Ball game titled Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot.

Concerning Phantasy Star Online 2, I have not played a Phantasy Star Online game before and I am quite curious about this one. I was told by a friend from high school that I do not need to play the first Phantasy Star game to get into this one since the second game's story is separate from the first one. The game is going to be release on both Xbox One and PC so I am getting the PC version since I do not own a Xbox One, but I would have liked it if the Switch version was release as well. It feels like it would have been more convenient for me if that version was also made available.

As for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot I am liking fight scenes so far, especially the one with Frieza as Goku has to dodge all of his energy attacks. The world also looks very expansive even despite not being a open world game and it looks like there would be plenty to do between major story beats. However, I am disappointed in that they are only going to focus on Goku's life during the time of Z, especially when they made this game's story out to be the focus on Goku's "legacy" when they first reveal this a while back. Plus it's a miss opportunity to adapt the original Dragon Ball into an RPG as given the kind of story it would better translate into a RPG adventure than Dragon Ball Z (even though Z was manage to get adapted in RPG games before in the past with success, and this one is looking to be no exception so far). That and I just want the original Dragon Ball to get some love as Z has been way too in the post light for a while now. Well it has been where I live in general ever since it took off years ago, but I feel there are way too many Dragon Ball games focus on Z now. With that said I was glad to at least see there are going to be Easter eggs from Dragon Ball (as well as hints there might be Easter eggs from other Dragon Ball shows and movies perhaps).

The second announcement was learning that Microsoft was in the works of creating their next console known as Project Scarlet, which I first thought it was the official name for their next Xbox but was told by a friend it's a working name. We are hopping Microsoft decides to keep the name Scarlet as it's a nice sounding name (the name Xbox Scarlet feels elegant and sophisticated). However regardless of whether they stick with the name or not is not going to matter to me in the long run unless Microsoft convinces me enough to invest in their console, which right now I have little interest in doing.

Now to wait for Square Enix's Conference which is later tonight. I miss out on the PC gaming Show and Ubisoft's E3 conference but those were not events I was looking forward to anyway.

@ABCsOfLife If i recall they made some sort of long term partnership years ago, 2015? I can't recall. I could be wrong so i would suggest looking it up yourself but Square is the publisher in this deal while other ppl are making the games. Crystal Dynamics with Eidos Montreal are the devs if i recall. There should be Guardians of the galaxy game that will be published by Square as well, i have no info what devs are making it.

Dex-chan lover
I’m excited for a few things ff7 remake looks promising. Didn’t know what to expect really since we really didn’t see much for awhile. Tifa, Eris, Barret, and cloud look great. Hopefully we can see Vincent and everyone else. FF8 gets a remaster would be interesting if it got the same treatment.

Already preordered ffxiv shadowbringers CE. Would like to try gunbreaker and dancer, but I’m going full dark knight. I was surprised by the whole sudden lore bombshell.
Mother crystal and Zodiark are primals? So have we been tempered to essentially serve them?

In addition the main big bads throughout the game The Ascians', are named after the Scions of Light mentioned in Final Fantasy XII. The glyphs over Ascians' faces in A Realm Reborn further connect to the Espers from Final Fantasy XII. So I have a lot of questions to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread