What game did you not regret purchasing?

Saw a thread on the opposite (regret purchasing), so I thought it would be interesting to try an broaden my horizons a bit (mostly PC and 3DS gamer here).

Question: What game did you not regret purchasing?

Mine would likely be the Etrian Odyssey Series, to the point of me trying to translation an RPG book that was adapted from that series.
This all started the with demo of EO IV. Initially, even when playing on casual mode, it was a steep learning curve (the Game Over Music was my friend), but it got interesting at the 10/30 "demo"-through (20 plays remaining), when I found out how you could get five party members of the same class (Nightseekers FTW) and just cheese a majority of the game with their skills.

As of now, I officially own all but one of the DS series (EO II: heroes of Lagaard), and I'm hopefully anticipating on the Switch release as one of the five games that I buy with a Switch, when they come out with games that don't need the Nintendo characters to make it popular.

Dex-chan lover
If it recently (like this year or so) it's:
- Resident Evil 2 (Remake)

Killing zombies, solving puzzles, running away from zombies and stuff, it's thrilling, it's great!
It got so much replayability that I spend like a hundred hours or so, and also making my friend play it and watch them get frustrated over the puzzles in the game is very entertaining.

hollow knight.

i put off playing it after discovering deepnest is a horrid spider-infested mess, and i have a rather debilitating case of arachnophobia. after gritting my teeth and giving it a shot, i got so absorbed into it that the 30-ish hours i spent getting to 107% went by in a flash.

Rimworld
"A sci fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller"- https://rimworldgame.com/

It's one of the game, if not the game, I waste most on my lifespan on. I RECOMMEND IT WITH ALL MY HEART.

@ItsQuote Hollow knight seems really good and especially beautiful with its hand-drawn world

@deedet absolutely, the graphics team at Team Cherry totally knocked it out of the park. makes me even more stoked for silksong.

Group Leader
Darkest Dungeon.
When i read negative reviews, all about "this game is broken", "this game hates you, and punishes you for no reason" and etc, i felt that this is game form me.
Reviews were true. When playing, you can feel, that literally everything is your enemy. Whole universe wants your team to fail and die miserably.
Yet even smallest success feels so rewarding, i've actually screamed when i first time beat main dungeon.
Now, half of my family is addicted to this game. Other half just watches the addicts fail and laughs - great family experience.
And of course most badass narrator ever.

Age of Empire 2, Victoria 2, Mordhau, TES3 Morrowind, Mount & Blade: Warband, X-COM: UFO Defense, Slay the Spire, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Total War: MEDIEVAL II, Age of Wonders II, FTL: Faster Than Light, Galactic Civilizations III, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, Terraforming Mars, Mordheim: City of the Damned and Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension.

I know, when i had time i played way too much.

Dex-chan lover
Earth defense force. Most people won't pick it up, but once you do, you'll get sucked in.

@Teddy
To save our mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces
We won't cut them any slack
The E.D.F deploys!

Dex-chan lover
Oh I remember a channel called Funhaus play EDF for awhile, looks fun but also looks like it got a butt loads of grinding.

Dex-chan lover
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 (PS2) Aah sweet old memories
(oh this stuff is a gateway of weeb for me)

Legend of Dragoon (PS1)

Still grade schooler around the time, so I second myself buying this 4 disc game and spending my time to play. Turns out it's really addictive JRPG till the end. Although, the most memorable moment for me isn't the gameplay or story, but Shana's voice on ending FMV. It was hilariously distrurbing XD

Users who are viewing this thread