Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Of course. The dude will bring forth a lot of advances in many fields that in turn will make that place capital of the world.

Dex-chan lover
Mmm, the king of a troubled country trusting a guy who is associated with Griffins and is "friendly' with his daughter to save said country from ruin? Where have I seen this before?

Dex-chan lover
Mmm, the king of a troubled country trusting a guy who is associated with Griffins and is "friendly' with his daughter to save said country from ruin? Where have I seen this before?
The one isekai with Souma as MC. Forgot the name.

Dex-chan lover
CAN WE JUST SKIP ALL THIS SHIT AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE YEARS WHERE THEY BE FUCKING PLZ

The one isekai with Souma as MC. Forgot the name.
Guessing you're thinking of How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
https://mangadex.org/manga/21809/genjitsushugisha-no-oukokukaizouki

It has a light novel that's a pretty good read too that's being officially translated by JNovel.

Wow, thanks for the cheap foreshadowing author, I didn't realize he woud bring change at all! What revealing words!

Aggregator gang
I think the word "your highness" when addressing the king should be changed to "your majesty" as the princess is "your highness" and the king as "your majesty."

Group Leader
I keep getting a deja vu seeing that some of the pages aren't ordered very nicely e.g. I'd expect them to be attempting to create charcol before they make the pots and other stuff.

Dex-chan lover
I like this king a lot. He loves his country and is wise, yet at the same time he's not arrogant and calmly assesses that he might not even have the competence to save his country. In any case, if he weds Yulia to Almus, then king Almus time!

Contributor
MC's history degree seems useful but maybe a PoliSci minor woulda been handy.

IMO he showed his hand way too early. There was no rush. He could have kept his cards closer to his chest for a bit, and built up a stronger hand (bargaining position) first. Maybe it was for the sake of expedient storytelling, but joining a kingdom should never be done without thoroughly understanding their motives, their allies and enemies, what they stand to gain from you, what you gain from them, specific rights and obligations, etc. This is not the time to skip past the terms and conditions page and click OK.

Dex-chan lover
Well its a good thing the nobility barely exists and social hierarchy isn't really there. I mean normally a random orphan off the street wouldn't be able to meet with the King that easily :p.

OH NOOO i ship tetra and mc ;---; i think he'll end up with the princess

Dex-chan lover
@Ghostdevil Good thing, in that case, that Almus isn't a random orphan from the streets. He's the leader of a frontier village. It might not be a position equal to a lesser noble, but at least it would match a relatively important official. Furthermore, he has demonstrated enough wits and knowledge to impress the king. Not to mention he was brought into the palace by the royal princess. It's not like Almus walked in on his own. Last but definitely not least, he's related to the griffin. It's a monster probably capable of destroying small kingdoms on its own.

That's not quite the description of a random orphan, is it?

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme He still is a random orphan off the street, just in this case its a random village in the middle of nowhere, being the leader of a middling group of orphans whose ages don't even reach 16 isn't very impressive. Its not even equal to a random person off the street in this case because their not even Citizens and not in the foreign dignitary way. The only thing you've said that matters in any way is the Griffin.
The princess thing ties into my point of the almost non existent social hierarchy and nobility.

Dex-chan lover
@Ghostdevil Your standards sure are mighty, huh! Just how many random persons from the street could even keep a whole host of kids alive, in a previously ruined village, for years? As it was, famine had been pestering the kingdom, so not even all established families could keep themselves fine. Being an orphan also has nothing to do with anything. It's not like a kid can choose whether his/her parents will live, unless the kid killed their own parents. Even a prince could become an orphan. I suppose he would be an orphan off the palace, then? Nice new title for a prince. Nor is Almus off the street since he's the ruler of his own village. He lives in a house of his own. He's actually more interesting because he's not a citizen.

You know, countries have actually hired and are still hiring foreign experts. The king had heard Almus knows mathematics better than the merchants of the capital. So, Almus is a foreign expert because of that already.

Users who are viewing this thread