the first manga that made you enter the manga world

As the title said ^^
what is your first manga that made you like manga and continue reading ??
for me it was horimiya

Group Leader
For me it was Yumekui Merry. I came from the Anime after I noticed it was based on the manga.

Contributor
https://mangadex.org/manga/969/kamisama-hajimemashita

Kamisama Hajimemashita was the first manga I read for whatever reason. I definitely read it before the anime came out, so It must have been from word of mouth.

I should probably read the rest of it, it was a nice little romance manga.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Azumanga Daioh pretty sure

Hard to say since it was back in the 2000s

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Love Hina here! I've since come to dislike the main female protagonist but I've always had a soft spot for Akamatsu's work.

MD@Home
It was either Hana Yori Dango or 3x3 Eyes. The former is getting drama-rebooted to death, and I wish one of them would offer an alternate ending with my ship. T.T

VIP
For me, it was Pokemon Special.

Still fond of the Yellow arc, because that was the first arc that I read. (I happened upon it when browsing books in the library, and read it out of curiosity because, well, Pokemon. I found afterwards that this was the "Best of Pokemon Adventures Yellow" volume, so it was actually condensing 4 volumes of content into 1 volume. I found some Chuang Yi scans online, and when I read the uncondensed version, the story made a lot more sense. Soooo much better than the anime.)

When Viz finally localized the manga past the Yellow arc here where I live, I was like, yay, finally. Bought all of the volumes up to the end of the Diamond and Pearl arc. Dat censorship though. No pokeboobs, and the motherly get-ahold-of-yourself slap turned into a motherly get-ahold-of-yourself glare. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Contributor
Probably Doraemon or Old Master Q
Y'know children stuffs... Maybe Black Jack and Megaman too i think

Contributor
In one way or another, I stumbled upon a volume of Parasyte probably over 10 years ago now. Been hooked on this medium ever since.

Contributor
I think my first real manga was Genkaku Picasso. Read the first chapter in my brother's issue of shounen jump back when jump was still releasing physical copies, and bought the rest at the bookstore as it came out.

Contributor
It was GTO for me. A friend show it to me along evangelion anime, then i decided to buy my first 2 manga : Kenshin and love hina.

Users who are viewing this thread