What game do you regret purchasing?

Dex-chan lover
Title is exactly as it sounds. Has there ever been a point in time that you regretted purchasing a game. Could be any reason: overhyped, mediocre story/gameplay, story twist, boredom. Doesn’t matter the genre.

If I had to say anything my choice would be Destiny 1, and Elder Scrolls Online. I chose Destiny because I played the Alpha, Beta, and Stress Test. I was expecting it to be more along the lines of Halo, but with rpg elements and a interesting story. But most of the story was locked to ‘learn the lore online.’ Game didn’t change much between the different builds.

ESO. I went in expecting Oblivion/Skyrim but online. I admit I shouldn’t have done that. especially since I enjoy playing sneaky characters (that get involved with guilds like thievery and assassination). The game has its strong points, and it’s different from when it first launched. But I regretted purchasing the collectors edition.

I will start with saying that i rarely like action/FPS games.
I played both Mass Effect and Dragon Age many times and i loved the rpg and story aspect of them.
Now i will throw a curve ball as most of the ppl i know doesn't share my opinion.
Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2 changed the game mechanics to be more action and lighter on rpg. The story was still good but i didn't enjoy those game and never completed my second playthrough.
Other games i regret buying: Of Kings And Men and Battleborn

Dex-chan lover
Crysis.
I mean sure probably there's some way to make it run by tweaking it, but when I buy and install it I it just won't run.

Dex-chan lover
World of Warships.

Yeah, I know it is free-to-play but I bought into the closed beta.
It was so much fun then, fast and action packed.
Now it is slow with players doing nothing for most of the session until the last 5 minutes.

It's either:
1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I bought Human Revolution as a blind pick and absolutely loved it (still replaying from time to time for like 10+ time). But MD was like a massive slap in the face. The ending choice from HR was almost irrelevant, and the ending of MD was straight up insulting. And some of the characters and events were so predictable it's almost painful.
2. ARMA series (from Humble Bundle) - we were supposed to play it with my WoW guildmates, but yeah... It ended up in plans and so it became dead item in steam library since going into this game solo is not really enjoyable.

satisfactory.

i "bought" it from the epic games store after catching a twitch stream of it and seeing a couple of my buds on discord enjoying it. it was only after five or six days with epic games' support that i learned i had actually pre-ordered it and it wasn't supposed to release for another month or so. at least they're easy with refunds.

my pick for this has got to be black ops 4. only got it cause my friend did and was absolute garbage.

Dex-chan lover
Medal of Honor 2010. Should've been good studio and publisher wise, it wasn't . Only game I ever completed and refunded to steam.

rust. i don't have time for the constant management of bases and raids. just not my type of game

Plenty of those. I tend to buy games without checking reviews and stuff so over the years, they just accumulated. Worst one I could say though is Tekken 6. The loading times were god-awful. There are far worse in terms of graphics or gameplay but at least they were made from less renowned makers.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna be real obscure here and say Nicktoons Globs of Doom for the Wii or Ben 10 Omiverse 2 also for the Wii.
Now this was like 4-5 years ago,before I had a clue on what a good game was,but even back then I thought the game sucked because I finished it in literally under a day. That goes for both games mind you.
Like literally finishing the game you just bought on the same day.

Dex-chan lover
@IJustMadeThisToComment you play Wii in 2014?? 😂
*ahem*
Wait more importantly, while I never play those games I do know those franchise and are you saying you buy and play those game unironically?? 😨

Aggregator gang
@Drimson
1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I bought Human Revolution as a blind pick and absolutely loved it (still replaying from time to time for like 10+ time). But MD was like a massive slap in the face. The ending choice from HR was almost irrelevant
One could make the case that it was always irrelevant in the first place. Since it's a prequel to the original Deus Ex, all of the endings will ultimately result in the same thing (as in, the whole world's going to shit). In fact, they were even made with that in mind, being designed so that all could reasonably lead into Deus Ex.

Actually, multiple endings that are irrelevant due to another game are kind of a series tradition. Making the endings in the first game completely pointless is one of several bad design decisions (which is nearly every design decision) of Invisible War.

Paper.
Mario.
Sticker.
Star.

I bought it because I was too young to have owned an N64 or GameCube and wanted to experience Paper Mario.
I have yet to do so.

Dex-chan lover
I remember playing paper Mario on my Wii long time ago then quit after a few days cause I got bored, I think.

Past-me have commitment issues :/

Dex-chan lover
Nintendo dogs, not because the game wasn't good enough for me, I just wasn't good enough for it. Rip my puppies.

Users who are viewing this thread