Shiyakusho - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Even if I return to life

I've been waiting for someone to pick this up since I read the first chapter over a year ago. Thank you so much for translating!

Contributor
@breizh
They were plotting to kill the chief because he doesn't really care about the employees' well-being (no insurance, high risk low pay, ...). The plan was that Roku-san (old guy) had to "accidentally" drop that metal sheet on the chief to kill him. But Ryouko who didn't know anything about it, saved the chief and died as a result.
Roku-san volunteered to do it because he's the oldest (didn't have a lot to live for, so even if he gets some big sentence, it wouldn't really matter anymore because he'll probably die from old age within a few years).

The whole group probably never wished to involve Ryouko-chan because she really likes the chief (cuz he saved him and all), but she became the number one victim instead.

The Japanese kept it semi-ambiguous so I translated it like that too.

Dex-chan lover
@pika Oh thanks, I had no idea that it wasn’t an accident. It’s pretty confusing.

Thanks for picking this up! I feel bad for the girl, Hope she finished her form on time. I didn't understand what the other employees are talking about until I got into this comment section. Poor ryouko, really

Double-page supporter
damn I didn't pick up on intentional desire for the employees to kill him at all first time I read it. Wow

Dex-chan lover
While I got that they wanted to kill him,no matter how much you hate someone...why? Do they gain some insurance or something? like fuck off

Dex-chan lover
Now that I reread this, this chapter somehow stands out more than the rest. It's definitely weird how they plan to kill him instead of just quitting. Even if he was a bad boss, and the work conditions were harsh, he's not holding anyone hostage or threatening anyone to stay at work, so why not just quit... Sometimes I want the backstory to be developed more but oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread