Inside Mari

Group Leader
this is okay. It seems that other groups picked this up but other aggregator sites aren't crediting the scanlators so.... it might be hard to find.

Mangaupdates says Norway did it until chapter 24. CR did the rest beyond that it seems

Double-page supporter
Interesting read in the end, not quite at all what the early chapters seem to be.

Double-page supporter
This manga is more deep than you were thinking at first.

Fed-Kun's army
Official English: https://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/inside-mari/volumes

is there ntr or any weird ? i mean i dont really trust those tags

Power Uploader
@migh there is no NTR, and as far i remember nor romance either. Just give it a try, this manga is really good

Summary of the story

Really, really bad start, and I had rated this a 3 by the time I got about halfway through, but it did turn around by the end. Discovering what really happened to Mari was intriguing, although I'm not sure the wrap-up made much sense. Still, I think a lot of the higher ratings overlook how rough the opening 30 chapters of this 80-chapter manga really are. I seriously considered just not reading it altogether by that point, but I pushed through and was decently surprised.

Was interested in the gender bender aspect of the manga then the story became really creepy and an unpleasant read.

Contributor
This one was a wild ride. I liked it. I read the Spanish translation.

The conclusion of the story, with a bit of my own interpretation:
Mari was unsatisfied with her life, and had her misgivings about her mother, and the fact that she had her name changed. Her birth name was Fumiko, not Mari, but it seemed like her paternal grandmother had chosen the name, and her mother hated it. When her mother-in-law died she changed her daughter's name from Fumiko to Mari. It seems like this was traumatic to her, to say the least. To a point where this episode became a repressed memory. Her relationship with her mother also seemed to be somewhat bad. The constant absence of her father from the house may also have something to do with his relationship with his wife. The root of the problem itself is unclear, though the whole story of Mari's name may have made it worse. In this context Mari ran into Komori (Isao), and envied him for what she perceived as him being free from the pressures and expectations of society. She watched him and fantasized about his life and circumstances. She obsessed about him to such an extent that she convinced herself that she was, in fact, him. It is unclear whether Isao Komori really knew her or watched her like portrayed at the beginning of the story. That may have been Mari's own idea or notion about him. The whole episode sort of resolves itself as she remembers what happened to her in the past, and works out her experiences.

The main theme of the story, as I see it, is identity. Good ol' "Know thyself", with a twist here and there. A bit of romance sprinkles, emphasis on "sprinkles".

So I finished reading this on the other aggregator site and it's tagged with supernatural. At the ending I was kinda like, whaaat?? so I got back here, saw that it's tagged psychological, and then the whole story starts to make sense..

Users who are viewing this thread