Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
N-nanananannanannaNANI

Less 4-Koma style manga ??
Sign me the fuck up, probably still read the other one lol

Dex-chan lover
I don’t really remember the early chapters of the LN but I feel like a few details have been changed. Oh well, I know I’ll enjoy this one more than the 4-koma-ish manga since the inner dialogue of the characters is the best part of the light novel

Dex-chan lover
@JKTV If you've read the other manga adaption, it's basically chapter 4 with cosmonaut girl being replaced by the friend from middle school. So yeah they skip a bit of the beginning, they get ride off the little cosmonaut and both Shimamura friends. Don't really understand why.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt I hade a feeling like that was it but still couldn’t believe it.

I wonder if they got rid of her as a character here meaning that in the LN she’s not gonna have any real significance either and may even stop appearing. Idk.. she was just a crossover character anyway from the authors other series.
I could go without any fantasy/sci-if aspect in this manga.
Oh well hopefully this mange won’t stray to much from the LN

rip it's moving so fastvand they skipca lot of parts from both ln and the first manga but the inner dialouge is here and i hope they won't rush things out

@sneikkimies thank you for your speedy translation!

OH MY GOD. I can't believe how good this first chapter was. I like how they played with the pacing. Both the LN and this adaptation started the story from the middle. Mani's adaptation did that with doing the first chapter of the LN, but it took them 3 chapters to do that, and well, it didn't grab a lot of non-novels readers' interest.
What they did here made it a lot easier to understand Adashima's relationship from just one chapter.

I loved how their expressions were drawn! I also loved the small details such as how Shimamura's first button of her shirt is buttoned while Adachi's isn't.

Fed-Kun's army
YES! such a wondderful surprise! glad to see it use the strenghts of the manga format to it's advantage, good panel framing and enjoyable art, looking foward to see this one keep going!

@sneikkimies Thank you so much for all your hard work with the LN, the 4-koma manga and now this manga as well!

Double-page supporter
Strange that they want to tell the same story in another way, but so far the do-over is leaps and bounds above the original.

@Pachka84
You might want to consult your dictionary again for the definition of "leaps and bounds". Because rushed adaptation that wouldn't know what pacing is if it bit it in the ass and also adapts characters out for no reason is clearly NOT better than a faithful adaptation of a good source material.
Also art is worse.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@YamiryuuZero
happens more often than you might think,

I think (I'm far from certain) it's usually because one adaptation is usually just to promote the light novel so it's short, and the other is longer in hopes of being a full adaptation.

though this is the first time I've seen a shoujo ai/yuri (aka: clearly not mainstream) novel adapted twice.

Double-page supporter
Fuck I totally missed this release. Anyway, I do enjoy more the pacing of this one since it has the inner monologues and the overall tone that it has, but damn I do miss the old designs, I think the more roundish a "moeish" style fits better for the slow and relaxed pacing this story has.

Ahhh, I’m liking this version better so far. The art is also better imo. (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

Only one chapter so far and people are already complaining about characters being written out???? I'm not sure whether I prefer this to the previous adaptation yet, but I think I probably will.

Dex-chan lover
@nyaririn nah, i think opposite. do you a read only manga yourself ? or just you assuming. I never read novel. and i say the other manga is better.
It actually capable of storytelling. It have actual development and introduce the character to each other from stranger and by that, readers can see how thing get closer for them (and i just talking about chapter 1 alone). while this just skip and they touching, hold hand. i just see there are two gal already inner monologues gay for the other and have no idea who are who. no build up whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread