Endless Journey

THANK YOU so much for picking up 'the duchess of the attic' and 'sengoku night blood'💕 keep on the hard work!!! you guys made my mood!

Hey so, I checked out your discord and like? You have a lot of projects. Do you have the staff members to even keep up with that many? Don’t be a Chibi Manga now. Your releases are slow, have literally almost 30 projects listed, no releases for some projects which are liable to get sniped because guess what, you DO NOT have any CLAIM to them and your translations are somewhat questionable for some chapters. I HIGHLY recommend that you either:
1. Get more staff.
OR
2. Drop series so other scan teams can do them.

TLDR; Hey stop hogging good manga!

With love and respect to the readers,

Harmone

@blackbunii

Badass move from @Harmone.

But how about we clear things up statistics so this group can understand the opposition.

From what I am seeing, 17 chapters that are at chapter 1 or 0. There is some manga here that have only 1 chapter for 2 months.

21 chapter 1s, 3 chapter 0s, 6 chapter 2s, 3 chapter 3s.

You have posted 33 chapters. That means you have over half of the chapters you have posted are literally first chapters. That means you have 3 times the amount of first chapters in comparison to amount chapter 2s.

And then you say the following on your page.

Notes:
- No update schedule.
- We don't drop a series unless stated otherwise.

So not only do you not have an update schedule, but you aren't going drop any of these?

And now for my biggest concern, why would you as a new group ever decide to take this many projects at the same time? You do realize the best way to start as a group is to gather reputation. Where you can say that you consistently update already existing mangas.

As a new group, you should have like 8 max first chapters, while the rest more of those same mangas.

But from what I am seeing here, you have at least 23 mangas that you have committed to. That means for your group size (9) where you have ideally teams of 3 (editor, redrawer, translator), so 3 teams. That means that each of your teams has to work on 7 different manga.

So is it any wonder why some of the manga you have wait 2 months with no updates.

TLDR; Rethink your plan, because this just looks bad in any way you look it.

Agree with @Harmone and @Shade7.
Totally get the excitement to translate so much good manga but I think your group should just stick to maybe 6-8 manga at a time. Your updates are much appreciated but I think other groups should have a chance at translating/scanlating the mangas that you all picked up but neglect. It's okay to be a chill translating/scanlating group and translate whenever you want but not when there's a lot of manga that other groups may want a chance at.

Group Leader
@eminyan It's funny how you said we neglected a series while it's just a month LOL. If a month is counted as neglection, 80% of what've been out right now is neglected by so many other groups cos they can't keep up with your unreasonable demand. We didn't steal or snip anyone's series. We found them fair and square. It's NOT our fault that other teams couldn't find them before we did. Why don't you say they come to know about a series because we released it then they just wanna snip it? Just stop with the double standard and snipping validation already.

@blackbunii
Are you referring to a specific series? Because some of the series' have gone without updates for more than one month. You're right, you found them fair and square and I DON'T condone sniping other peoples series'. That wasn't the point I was trying to make. My point is if your group can't focus as much time as another group could with the series, dropping it/finding more staff would be a good idea so other groups have the chance at translating it because they want to as well/have more members and time to spare. After all, your group has SO MANY mangas listed. I'm not trying to nag you/your group on your update times so if it came off that way, I'm sorry.

@eminyan unfortunately, we still would not be able to release faster if we had more staff because the issue isn't about the number of staff members we have. Some of our staff members work slower than others and that's something that cannot be helped. Our staff members have jobs and school. They are just volunteers. The series that are backed up or "neglected" are currently being worked on, just at a slower pace than some of our other projects. Sorry for any inconvenience this has created to you and other readers. If you'd like more information about where we are with specific series, feel free to reach out to us in Discord.

@addy74
Oh, I see. Regardless, I still hope your group will gain more staff because if there were to be more, members could take over roles when another member was to be unavailable due to their job or such + collaborate so it's easier + more the merrier.

@eminyan we would LOVE more staff 💕 EJ is constantly in the process of recruiting as many scanlation groups are. I feel like a lot of the issues being brought up are misunderstandings and if people would take the time to come talk to us personally a lot of these problems could be solved. We really hope that our sincerity comes through in our work and aim to gain the trust and respect of the scanlation community through high quality and consistent updates. To anyone with questions or concerns, come talk to us in Discord 😊 We would really love to clear up any issues

Following some of the feedback we've received, EJ has decided to implement a progress updates channel on our Discord. If you would like to see where we are on specific projects, check out the #progress-updates channel! We hope that this answers some questions and provides more transparency to readers regarding our projects💕

@addy74

This is sort of my problem. You want more staff, when you are about +2 month old group. You want staff when you have to what is to me an absurd work load of atleast 23 mangas.

It simply does not work like that.

You are doing it backwards. You get more manga once you have the staff for it. People want to enter your group once you have a good reputation not before it.

Again the advice is the lower the manga amount to reasonable amounts so you guys can focus on those, then once you build up a rep, you start getting more staff and then new projects.

The matter of fact I like you guys, I hope in the future you grow, get bigger. But I have seen what happens you overload your workload. You will do more mistakes, you will take more time, you built more stress. It's alltogether just unhealthy.

So I hope the situation keeps improving. (#progress-updates channel being a good step forward)

More first chapters? When are you atually going to continue series you've started? You guys have a new chapter around every other day, if not more frequently, so saying 'a month between releases (of chapters of the same series) is normal' is terrible reasoning.

I can’t believe it.. really. I really cannot. This is basically saying to me that you guys have learned nothing. Just because you have a “Scans-Feedback” channel doesn’t change anything. Your “Progress-Update” channel as well. I’ve seen other groups that do it better than that. And for one it doesn’t even include all of your series?? That doesn’t make any coherent sense. Anyways, according to your discord and your MD page... you picked up 2 new manga and finally updated takane. Great, another 3 series for your team to frantically work with! So, when will you update your other series? 2 months from now? 3? I wouldn’t care as much if you had less projects but you literally almost have more series than your staff. That’s quite worrying. What is this a job? No! Is this how you treat staff? With more work than you can possibly take on? Don’t give me the bad excuse that your series are short. Just work on what you have if they are and, oh, I don’t know, move on to the next. I know for a fact that some of your series are less than 10 chapters long. But does that mean you should keep picking up more? Hell no! If you finish a series (which is eh highly unlikely within the year) good job! You don’t have to worry about it. Oh, and look ya got Cinderella Mama sniped because of it. Did I forget to mention that Takane to Hana is also licensed? Makes no sense in continuing it because it’s just wasted effort. https://imgur.com/a/eHLz62Q
According to your #project-list and #Notify-me-plz channels you have:
5 Manhua
27 Manga
A total of 32 projects.
That’s an outrageous amount of projects to be working on if I’m gonna be frank with you guys.

Hate to see you again,

Harmone.

Edit: oops I forgot to add another link.
Here you go!
https://imgur.com/a/8BQAfVa

Group Leader
@kiwisocks we've been continuing it tho?! It doesn't matter whether we update it fast or not, you're still gonna complain anyway.

@Harmone Wow so honor to have you back heh, whiny brat? No one forces you to read any of the series. You seem to have an obsession with us. Are you sure you're okay? The more you whine about it, the slower your fav series get updated, so think hard about it. It's not like you're helping or contributing in any way. The world doesn't run on your clock and we don't have the responsibility to please you so take your shit somewhere else! You benefit from our work and effort FOR FREE. Think you have a say in how we do it? "Hell no!" We don't need to give you any excuses or reasons cos you don't even deserve one. Also, don't talk like you know or care about our staffs. No one even knows you!! Why you talk like you know what's going on with them or the team? I don't think you have any rights to talk when you don't even know anything, so just keep your mouth shut.
Cinderella Mama is your excuse? LOL, this just proves your point is useless and invalid. We updated the series in 2 weeks and still, it's not fast enough lol. So what do you mean here? Readers like you just want chapters after chapters every single day. We also wouldn't care less about what you think and feel about us. But judging how you're obsessed with us, I suggest you have it checked out at a psychologist cos it's not healthy!

P/s: Please use your real account next time in our discord, okay? We'd love to have you stay and chat, not running away or lurking like a stalker ;)

Group Leader
@blackbunii

Hi, I know that you’re frustrated with the responses you’re getting but to degrade and insult a person in public, especially your readers, is in no way acceptable. If you don’t want people harassing you for updates, then please don’t publicly release your chapters. If you just enjoy scan work, you can just do it by yourself and read it by yourself. However, telling someone to get themselves checked by a psychiatrist is extremely degrading and insulting for people that actually need the help. You’re not only insulting Harmone, but also anyone else that needs to seek help and creating a stigma around it.

As someone who is a public figure and the admin of the group, your actions and words are the basis of the image your team has. I have met some amazing people that are currently staff in EJ and I only hope that they don’t end up getting the backlash for your words and your attitude towards your readers.

Thanks.

Group Leader
@diiana

If she came as a reader and was nice about it, I would treat her like one. But she came with hostile and hate toward us. She has been constantly sending her complaints and hate speech in our discord (which was deleted by her before she ran away) and also on MD. If anything, she is the one who has been harassing and bullying the team. Are you saying it's okay for her to do that to us and we can't fight/talk back to her? Please don't use actual people that need help to justify her actions. That just proves you support her cyberbullying, and not about others who actually need help!

You sure talk big here while using your own team's name to lie to us and locking up your members to interrogate them when your series got snipped.
As someone who is a public figure and the admin of the group, your actions and words are the basis of the image your team has.
I wonder what that says about your teams in general. You know what you did. I don't have to say more.

Thanks!

Group Leader
@blackbunii
You sure talk big here while using your own team's name to lie to us and locking up your members to interrogate them when your series got snipped.
As you were clearly not part of this conversation, I ask that you refrain from commenting on this matter and bringing it into the current conversation. Whatever you may have heard, you have not talked to us directly to hear our side of the story, and as such have an inherently flawed POV and understanding of the situation involved with the “interrogation.”

I was never in support of sniping and I still am not, neither are any of the mods of our group. However, I do believe that you should take some time to reflect on your own behaviour to see why so many people are sniping/asking for your series. Honestly, it's frustrating and embarrassing having to bring this up every single time. I’m not saying that the snipes from your group were OK, I don’t condone sniping at all. But all I ask is that you think about where this outburst might be coming from on your end.

You know what you did. I don't have to say more.
Could you actually clarify and say more on this? I have no idea what you’re referring to in this sentence… I want to keep this as open and transparent as possible so we can directly address the issues we both have.

As for the bullying/harassment comment, NO ONE has called you out on your personality or called you names. People have been questioning why your team has been picking up so many series but are not being updated often. This is not cyberbullying (the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.), and quite honestly, you seem to have been attacking your readers more often than the other way around.

I really wish the best for you and your team, but don't support you being rude towards your readers.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread