Sort search results by number of chapters :maybe:

Would like the ability to sort search results by Total Chapters. (which seems to be already tracked on the manga title page)
Searching the Megathread, somewhat similar to https://mangadex.org/thread/21633

Even though it won't be 'accurate' due to:
- Different chapter lengths
- Chapters being split up by certain groups
- Duplicate chapters being counted due to multiple groups
- other fringe cases etc.

It would still be very useful, especially when trying to narrow down tag searches.
Whether its to just find long manga to read,
or to sift through saturated genres/tags which can be filled with manga with only a few translated chapters (isekai, reincarnation),
especially as in these cases Views and Follows correlate to the popularity of the tropes, rather than to the popularity of the manga.

So far, trying to find any manga of length in Isekai or Reincarnation requires blindly clicking on pages of search results,
Manually sifting out manga with less than 10 chapters say, (down from 20)
Before even looking at the manga descriptions. (to not bring my hopes up)
Which kinda outlines the limitations of the Search results.

Huh didn't see that one.
I'm under the impression that the 'Total Chapters' stat is a relatively new feature (unless I've been particularly blind) is that enough to revisit the topic?
If on the other hand the 'Total Chapters' stat can't be used to sort (being virtual or whatever), I'll understand and the next part can be ignored.

But if it can be used, I'm suggesting using it in its crudest form, so no need for dev-time making the stat more accurate.
So with the duplicates, separate groups, and one-page chapters and all.

I'd still find it vastly more useful than sorting by Followers/Views/Comments in saturated and relatively recent genre/tropes.

Dex-chan lover
@Forkisu
Nice necro. Anyways you cant find it cause its not a feature if I remember correctly back in the day it was but then they removed it cause it messed with something not sure what.

Users who are viewing this thread