Blue Period - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Exam Art

I really want to know whats up with yotasuke. The author is hinting at it so hard but I cant tell what it is.

Contributor
Crying while painting is 110% the art experience and I'm glad the mangaka captured that

Dex-chan lover
Man, I didn't go into Art but I did go into writing and this is so accurate. They really teach to the exam instead of just telling you to do the best you can

Double-page supporter
yotasuke.. why you gotta be such an ass all the time

Dex-chan lover
Hehehe Yuka saw right through him :)
And I think he got it wrong, doesn't matter how good or bad he is, Yotasuke would probably still get mad at him... Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding!

Well, I know how much it hurts when someone you admire looks down on you too, and I know that feeling of killing everyone too...but more like IN YOUR FACE!!!!! that's what I want, I know I can be so much more.

Thanks for the new chapter!

Edit: Can you get HIGH on coffee?!

Thank you for the chapter! It was amazing~
Can't wait to see the character development~

Aggregator gang
@Serenata
Idk if I'd call it getting high, but I do get really weird when I drink coffee. I can barely focus and end up talking a lot more than I usually do, and around the end of it all, I'd feel kinda sick.

Fed-Kun's army
I think Yotasuke is jealous, threatened, and wants to look down on Yaguchi. Yotasuke seems to suffer from social anxiety, and expresses himself too strongly in conversation. He thinks Yaguchi doesn't need to do art since if you have social skills, you can express yourself with people, right? So art is supposed to be Yotasuke's way of expression, Yaguchi is doing it needlessly while reminding Yotasuke of his own "faults" (which he probably sees them as). He's wrong, of course. Yaguchi is socially competent, but he still can't express himself socially. Yotasuke wants to think that his art is more genuine, more real, due to his own social issues. So, when Yaguchi scores high, he comes up with the excuse that the school isn't rating fairly, it's rating how well you're learning to get accepted by Geidai.
Yotasuke probably felt the same way about the bird as Yaguchi, he just didn't want to admit that his appreciation for art wasn't deeper than Yaguchi's, since Yaguchi is supposed to be more shallow due to his friendliness. Or something along those lines.

Double-page supporter
I stan Yaguchi's friends probably thinking about beating up Yotasuke for hurting their friend's feelings

Dex-chan lover
the boys have yaguchi's back and it's so wholesome

Double-page supporter
so this chapter tackles on how adult society works jesus this author keeps on adding the slow burn while the chapter goes on gdi

god i LVOE his delinquent friends, as well as the sudden emotional turmoil right near the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread