Filter demographics :planned:

Contributor
I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned this before, but I did search the megathread. Apologies if I missed it.

I would like to be able to exclude demographics from my searches. This was easy to do when demographics were down with the genre tags, but I've just realised that with the (not so) new organisation system, that no longer seems to be possible. Maybe it's just that I'm being pickier than most (but hey, what is advanced search for if not to be picky), but while I don't want to read "just any" demographic, I also don't like having to limit it to just one.
Personally I've always liked to include the female-targeted demographics in my searches while leaving out the male-targeted ones, but I can think of other scenarios where people might want two or three but not all. There's the reverse of my problem, for one thing; and I'm sure there's also plenty of people who want to stick only to seinen and jousei, if they find the other demographics too immature.

Dex-chan lover
@Yami
In the 11 months between that post and now, demographics became filterable in searches as the OP requested.

If you are in fact asking for something else, such as being able to blacklist them from showing up anywhere, that is planned as stated in the sticky thread "READ FIRST: Planned and Rejected Features"

Sorry for bumping this, but will we ever getting a filter by demographic? So that i can exclude/black list some genre. I don't understand why but this exclude system doesn't allow josei or shojo(for my case) to be excluded.

Users who are viewing this thread