I made an mangadex redesign. Opinions ?

Hi, i had some free time and wanted to do something to add to my portfolio. Any opinions are welcome 👻.

Presentation, or something alike:
3wgWUOI.png

Better photo resolution:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/80582359/MangaDex-Redesign

Also i didn't know where to post it... i don't really wanted to post it in the suggestion category , and i don't see this as art.
Thanks for reading/your opinon.

It's great, i like that color combination. I would prefer a black one, to go easy in the eyes btw.

I believe it is quite a nice redesign, I actually find it pretty easy on the eyes already!
It's nice and simple, nothing crazy going on in the background and the color combination is quite nice as well.

All I can say is Good Job!!

Fed-Kun's army
The manga page looks awesome. I love having everything fit on one screen without having to scroll up and down.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@skipthedragon
Holy crap dude. It's clear you put a lot of work into this. Just slap our logo somewhere and give me a dark theme. I'll happily use that design.

MD@Home
Do you have CSS ready as well?

Now we just need the infrastructure to be up to date

@Turnt Thank you very much ! <3
@421cookies Thanks <3 , i find that quite annoying too!
@Zephyrus Thank you <3 ... I didn't want to use the real logo cause of copyright, i tried to make another logo but it didnt go as planned.. also i forgot to make an dark theme mockup :(
@AviKav Sadly no ... i just made an psd mockup for the website. Thanks for replying <3 :D

Dex-chan lover
Need more cats (It's spectacular)

Also, is this a typo or am I out of the loop on something? Pool or poll?
228bae80582359.5ce5530cc9517.png

Dex-chan lover
Kind of like scrolling through latest updates and manga searches rather than clicking pages (despite the fact that I don't like scrolling manga pages but clicking them)

But probs just me

GJ!

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I realize this isn't a suggestion per se, but I've been thinking about this from that angle regardless.

There are some elements here that I think would make sense for us to implement. I particularly like the announcements widget, which we probably should have anyway. The general idea behind the group and user profile layouts could be useful as well.

On the other hand, since I can't help but look at this from a practical point of view, some part of the interface are quite idealistic. The reader jumps out to me as the biggest issue here, as it's ignoring not only the chapter title and volume, but also joint groups and the possible links to the releases of the same chapter from alternate groups. The manga title page is also missing some stuff, mostly the various links. As much as I'd love a nice clean two-column layout like that, I'd have to test it out before I'm convinced it would actually work. A manga with few to no chapters would probably look pretty lopsided.

@Teasday, thanks for your review <3

. The reader jumps out to me as the biggest issue here, as it's ignoring not only the chapter title and volume, but also joint groups and the possible links to the releases of the same chapter from alternate groups.
My bad :(, i forgot about chapter titles cuz most of the manga i read don't have chapter titles. I may overlooked some things :\

The manga title page is also missing some stuff, mostly the various links
I've put only the things i thought they were important, but if you want to get more info about the manga you can theoretically click here http://prntscr.com/nsdteq . Its not really a good placement for the button, but at that time i didn't have any idea where to place it.

As much as I'd love a nice clean two-column layout like that, I'd have to test it out before I'm convinced it would actually work. A manga with few to no chapters would probably look pretty lopsided.
I have an idea for manga page without chapters, should i sketch it ?

Users who are viewing this thread