Burning Effect

No, it's not similar to hellper aside from the coloring but this still more colorful, different artist as well, and hellper are more ugly unique style.

I normally don't like mawhawa but duude the story is getting very great so far

Dex-chan lover
It definitely has a similar style and flare as Hellper, but the art is a lot smoother and a bit more polished. Hellper has lots of sharp angles, whereas this has a much more rounded aesthetic.

That being said, I wouldn't have read this at all if someone hadn't compared them, so... props. The themes are somewhat similar as well, rebelling against the order of things and fighting for survival. Helps scratch an itch I didn't know I had since the abrupt end of Hellper for sure.

I like this one. Such a few short, action-packed chapters and it's already set up a pretty interesting dynamic between the main character and main villain, given some depth and foreshadowing to the story, and added some pretty solid emotion.

I'm impressed; it usually takes a while longer than 10 or so chapters to get things off the ground without seeming rushed, but this one manages it rather well. I'm going to develop a customary habit of giving fledgling stories I'm reading a 10-rating to counter these knobs who think they can give a fair rating after reading a few chapters. I'll give it a more accurate rating once I've given it a fair shot.

Aaand it's gone.. I was in the middle of reading it tho.. Oh well, it isn't anything worth seeking out.
Art was like a cross between "radiant" and "hellper", to me

Group Leader
Raws here: http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/BurningEffect
And scans in jaimini's site: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/burning-effect/

Fed-Kun's army
Did Jaiminis just took the series off their website? It had until chapter 35.

Dex-chan lover
It's definitely no longer on Jaimin's Box anymore. @NeroPR IT's only a matter of time until other manhwa fall.
Already worried about Peerless Dad, Solo Leveling, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@Thirtyfour Oh, that sucks. If I could read it officially in a legal way in English I would.
I didn't start reading solo leveling. Is it good? I heard a lot about it.

I was wondering why this got no updates recently and now it's completely gone. :/ I understand wanting to protect your IP's/artists, but if you're not even planning on doing the translations yourself... what the fuck, Daum?

Users who are viewing this thread