Improved filtering

Power Uploader
Under the current filtering system, if I want my main page to exclusively display yaoi/shounen ai titles (for example), that is not possible.

Even if I were to exclude everything except yaoi/shounen ai, the titles displayed as a result would be:

a) entries that exclusively contain the tag yaoi or the tag shounen ai (so no shounen ai+school life, yaoi+slice of life, etc.)
b) entries that are created without tags

We would greatly benefit from a "entries must include x tag or y tag" feature. It would perfectly complement the current system.

For example, if I want to only see shounen ai and yaoi entries – but not manhua/manwha, doujinshi or web comics – I could use a combination of the current system and the suggested "entries must include x tag or y tag" system to achieve this.

It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would only be used by a minority, we all have our own reading preferences after all.

I apologize if this was suggested previously, I did take a look at the megathread before posting.

Thanks!

is a Reindeer
VIP
@lanseb Making the filter more complex would give a minor benefit to a few users while increasing the load on the server greatly. They're meant to blacklist certain unwanted genres, not to narrow down things from all the genres entirely. That's when you should just be using search

Sometimes the advanced search has mixed results. Like, I don't want to have yaoi/tragedy manga in my search and sometimes it works ...but sometimes I got like 10 of them just in the first of said search page. I had to clse the page and re-do my search removing and re-adding the filter and I wonder why. Then again it works 90% of the time and I'm still very happy about how many filters you can use :)

Users who are viewing this thread