Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - Vol. 12 Ch. 98 - That Grip Trainer Thing

Power Uploader
Well... I kinda liked the other translations. (They might be wrong but they surely made me laugh. I didn't feel anything like that in these.)

Group Leader
"They might be wrong but they surely made me laugh."

That has to be the dumbest statement I've ever read here. Why not just put a bunch of memes and fart jokes over the actual dialogue and be done with it?

I liked this translation better! It fits the bill more than the other, I think.
So “thanks a lot!” -To the scanlator

Dear Lord, this is gonna be some asmr shit with her saying one-two in the anime.....

@Tarage Calm down there buddy. I understand and agree with what @AthK says. The translation is pretty much the same between this one and the other dude's except for some dialects and irrelevant bubbles. I have to agree that the other dude made Nishikata seem more child-like and that's what made their's a tad bit funnier imo.

Aggregator gang
Did she even plan this one? Looks like she had already finished messing with him, then got surprised at his move, and hid it like usual

Group Leader
@strixplayer I don't really care what you think, that's an incredibly stupid mindset. You should want the manga translated correctly, not with added funnee joookes in it. You are part of the problem.

Takagi didn't expect Nishikata to hold her hand, but she certainly will make the most of it now lol

@Tarage Put your pants back on and calm down buddy. I don’t know why you’re being so defensive as if manga is your religion, but you’re overreacting a little there.

“But at this pace, Takagi-san shouldn’t last long either” and “But you won’t be able to keep this pace up for too long either, Takagi-san!” is literally different, but practically has the identical meaning. This difference doesn’t make any impact on the story.

“You doomed yourself by rushing, Takagi-san!” and “You got impatient and it’s gonna cost you” are also different, but the meaning is the same. It’s just the difference between the dialect and the person who’s doing it. No translation is correct.

Final example is “I have to endure it... I have to win!!” and “Fight!! Don’t give in!!” Again, different but doesn’t change the story one bit.

If you really think that there’s a single, objective way to translate one language to another, there would only be a single version of the Bible and no other variations of it. Your idea of correctly translating things is extremely narrow-minded and flawed.

@AthK and I are just saying that we prefer the Roof Korean version than TSP’s. Not because it incorrectly adds stupid jokes, but because the translation feels more childish and appropriate for kids like Nishikata and Takagi. Some might prefer TSP’s over Roof Korean’s, and it’s completely fine.

Saying that we have “stupid mindset” and calling us “part of the problem” isn’t even an argument. They’re just toxic insults that contribute to nothing. You gotta chill out.

Group Leader
@strixplayer I stand by my statement. You're an idiot. Even if you don't see the difference in meaning doesn't mean it's not there. Worse, translating from Japanese to Korean to English is ALWAYS going to be worse and more incorrect than going directly from Japanese to English BECAUSE adding any extra steps dilutes the meaning through the language barrier. Translating manga while keeping the intent of the author is the most important thing about scanlation, beyond even making it look pretty. Doing anything less is a disservice to the author who put their time and energy into writing it. So yes, you, and people like you, who would rather have subpar rushed scanlation from a guy who snipes from other groups, uses inferior scans, and triple translates, than people who take their time and care about scanlation, are part of the problem. Don't bother pinging me again, my response will be to tell you to fuck off.

Group Leader
Imagine being subhuman like @rheetard and not caring what you read so long as it's lolfunnee. 420 blaze it am I right?

Some people are sensitive. If we say that the Roof Koreans version is better, the original translator might quit. I do not think it will happen but there's a possibility. We should be careful with our comments, just enjoy the chapters and not compare their works

Users who are viewing this thread