Dex-chan lover
I suppose I should actually read through this all the way again some time since I bothered to do something about the missing part (with absolute zero effort because it was just floating around out there anyway).

Fed-Kun's army
this is one of the few series where the manga and anime split and I actually liked the anime version better, I mean most of the overall stuff is the same, except the alt ending that the mangaka released separately after the series got axed...that got weird af, not bad mind, just that "it's from Japan" level of weird (that's what I've called it since I had to make a top 10 weirdest things I've ever seen list for school, and #1-#8 and #10 were all things from Japan...Boku no Pico was watched once on a drunken dare and THAT only took spot #3...and if you somehow read this and don't know what that is, do yourself a favor and NEVER look it up)
...also I'll probably reread this soon too

Dex-chan lover
281 is the chapter where the golem went in the water and the adult on the beach are panic thank to them.
So yes, this chapter is 283. 281 is missing.

Dex-chan lover
@ngkn92 The first page calls this chapter 281. The group must've numbered things differently than you were expecting from what you were looking at? I find there's often a chapter number discrepancy or two between scanlations and official stuff, so even comparing between here and say MyAnimeList the chapter number might be off by quite a noticeable amount. I guess the most likely culprit is difference in numbering conventions for extras and specials, possibly even entire missing special or extra chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Glomoro
Well, you are not wrong, but you will have to find the chapter 281 on another website, because sadly, this page doesn't have it iirc.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with the section this is in runs from what looks like chapter 266 until 286, if you'd like to take a look at your chapter numbering @Lymus @Kiekoes @mankinfan

I can also take this version of 281 down since Lymus's 283 is the same chapter. I'd assume there's a couple of missing chapters left out in all this kerfuffle, so one of us will need to address that after the numbering is sorted out.

Group Leader
@Glomoro What seems to be the problem actually? I thought the chapter numbering was fixed months ago.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiekoes It looked like everything from 267 up until 287 is numbered differently than what's written on the pages of the chapters themselves. When I looked 2 months ago, 281 was the only missing thing the system detected so I went and grabbed it, uploaded it and called it a day. This chapter was actually already on here as 283 though. I also just noticed that two different chapters with different content both have their number as 265 on the first or second page so that probably didn't help. Basically it's a mess and I'm not sure if the mess extends to any other range of chapters either, since there's so many to check through.

Aaaand I just started poking through from chapter 1 now because I was curious. Both 10 and 11 say they're chapter 10 within the first page or two. Looks like this is a numbering issue that built up over time because of typos and/or different groups handling the series over the years? Something or somethings are wrong somewhere or other, the chapter ngkn92 says is still missing in this general ballpark might only be one of the problems I guess.

Group Leader
@Glomoro That is because the Kanzenban editions published later than the original tankoubons injected two chapters (265 and 266) and ended up changing the chapter numbering. So everything from 267 is actually the chapter number on the page +2, as they are scans from the older tankoubons.

Group Leader
It's a complicated matter for people not familiar with the publication history. So for some it seems like chapters are mislabeled. A year ago I updated all the older scans with Mankin-Trad's scans and asked @Lymus to fix the numbering (e.g. old 265 to be labeled as 267 etc, becaus the two injected chapters). I'll have to take some time to see how the numbering has changed and will write up something so this doesn't happen again in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread