Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

That was a fun read. ERFS scans really improved from last chapter and the story was really nice. We got a lot of exposition and the way the harpies ate was so so adorable. Even though I wouldn't have guessed that their human parts included their full torso and a part of their thighs.

Group Leader
Holy crap, that's so much better. The translation was very good and easy to read. Fairly important for a chapter with so much exposition.

I must say, I was a bit worried with the previous chapter, but this is actually really good.

Thanks ERFS scans!

Group Leader
Saying "midget"...yeesh. I wonder if the official English translation will go that far.

Contributor
@Harry_Dong Didn't you know? "Midgets" is as bad as the n-word. You say that on air and an army of midgets will march down to the studio.

Power Uploader
I like that the the mage still seems to be the same. Not fully controlled but still basically fully controlled... I wonder if that'll come into play later?

Group Leader
In my opinion, (i can't speak for all positions since i'm only a typesetter/proofreader/qc) you guys definitely need a proofreader. Double checking the translation for good english is extremely important and can really help the readers enjoy it more. (they don't have to work to figure out what is being said)
another thing i'd work on is bubble centering, font choice, and font size. never be afraid to change up the fonts used or the font sizes. The most important thing in typesetting is to have enough space for a good centering, which brings me to my next point of centering. From the looks of things, you guys are centering using your mouse. This is no good cuz you don't get the pixel by pixel adjustments that you need to center correctly. Use your keyboard arrow keys. if you don't have those, well idk... never really tried anything else...
lastly, a quality checker is more important than you'd expect. Having an experienced person there to make sure that everything's in order and such can go quite a long way. They don't have to be able to work in all positions as long as they know what's supposed to be done and can point out all the mistakes. If you have any questions or would like me (doesn't have to be me. just ask anyone pretty much and they might be willing to help) to help you guys out with the positions i'm familiar with, let me know. You can find me at my group, majide scans.

I like how he fed the harpies like an old man feeding pigeons in the park, just needed a bench.

Users who are viewing this thread