Most Popular Anime in Japan of Spring 2019

Hello everyone!

A poll group named NTT Docomo recently did a vote on what is the most popular anime of spring 2019 in Japan. The show that was voted to be the most popular overall was the anime adaptation of Tsuyoshi Yoshioka Wise Man's Grandchild produce by Silver Link with 8,089 votes. The anime adaptation was also voted as being the most popular among males with 5,304 votes. In terms of which anime is the most popular among females, the anime adaptation of Koyoharu Gotōge Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba won with 3,088 votes. You can see the results here: https://www.otakuusamagazine.com/japan-ranks-spring-2019-tv-anime-popularity/

Demon Slayer is one of my top favorite shows of this season so I am glad to see it made it on the top list. I have also been enjoying Fairy Gone by Kyoto Animation, Platinum Vision’s adaptation of Amyu Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life, and Connect’s adaptation of Masakuni Igarashi Senryu Girl.

What is everyone’s favorite anime of this season so far?

Dex-chan lover
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san.

The backgrounds and details are really fleshed out especially minute animations.

Character design also looks like the original unlike Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (need a shorter name) BOKUBEN and Quintuplets.

Also Fluff

Dex-chan lover
How is Kenja no Mago more popular than Kimetsu no Yaiba? I equally love both a lot but I expect a good-writtej shounen to be more popular than an isekai.

@Teddy

I think I have seen two episodes of The Helpful Fox Senko-san, and so far I like what I have watched. The show has this relaxing feel to it to the point my soul feels calm after watching an episode. It’s looking like it would make for a good healing anime.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

Hm~. . . I do not know at this time, but my guess might be due to what the story goes into, or perhaps the sub genre it's in. I do know the Isekai is a popular sub genre at the present.

Dex-chan lover
This season so far eh?
Well.. I don't enjoy any of the anime as much as the previous season but if I have to pick..
I guess it'll be: AoT season 3 part 2

Dex-chan lover
@ABCsOfLife Kimetsu no Yaiba is dope, Ufotable animated this one. Watch Bocchi, Ao-chan, and Isekai Quartet too they're all amazing. And also Senko-san if you want healing and Kenja no Mago if you want isekai.

@ABCsOfLife

So your most favorite anime of this season is a continuing series. In terms of that my most favorite continuing anime of this season is MAPPA and Tezuka Productions' adaptation/mostern telling of Ozamu Tezuka Dororo, and Kinema Citrus's adaptation of Aneko Yusagi The Rising of the Shield Hero.

Dex-chan lover
@May_Lily why yes, AoT Season 3 part 2 is by far my favorite.. For this season.
But if we exclude the continuing series and you don't mind me picking more than one I guess it'll be: Bocchi, Isekai Quartet and Bokuben (in that order)

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN I still haven't watch Senko-san lol
I watch 3 episode and feel Kenja No Mago kinda cheesy...

I do not mind if you pick more then one, ABCsOfLife (I did the same as well). I have not seen Isekai Quartet, but that is because I have not seen or read any of the stories those characters in the show are from. I have seen We Never Learn though, but I have fallen behind on the anime. I have been meaning to get caught up on the show soon. As for Hitori Bocchi Lonely Lifestyle, I have only seen one episode, but I have to watch it again because the last time I view the anime was late at night and I was very tired. However, I have been reading the manga, and I enjoy what I have read so far.

Dex-chan lover
You fell asleep while watching Bocchi?? How unfortunate, you'll get em next time!

@ABCsOfLife
I did not feel asleep while watching Hitori Bocchi Lonely Lifestyle (after all I do not want to keep my laptop running while I am asleep), but I felt so drowsy that it was hard to focus on the quality of the story.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
I do plan on giving the show another try at some point as I said before I will have to watch the anime again. I am not going to skip it.

Dex-chan lover
There are a bunch I enjoy, such as Kimetsu no Yaiba. But really I enjoy watching Senko. There’s something about working a long day and just wanting to relax and be pampered.

Btw since Karakuri Circus was made to an anime can we more older anime series an adaptation.

So you can relate to the protagonist of The Helpful Fox Senko-san. As for older manga getting anime adaptations there is the anime adaptation of Dororo, which was first publish in 1967, that is currently being broadcasted. Have you checked the anime out, Xzayer?

Dex-chan lover
May_Lily

Yeah I can relate toThe protagonist of Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san. It’s soothing lol. Yes I’ve been following Dororo. I’m impressed at the modern adaptation.
I like some of the changes they made to the original anime. But it’s great overall.

Dex-chan lover
@Mary_Lily

I used the spoiler tag, to avoid getting flagged. At one point in time I mentioned something chapter specific and began speculating. I got flagged for that. So I’m just trying to play it safe.

Users who are viewing this thread