What isekai's manga do you recommend?

Power Uploader
I dislike the genre as a whole, and am only half-hearted about SL, but since I'm first responder, let me point you to Her summon.

It's a completely different approach, and the only isekai I truly enjoy. Unfortunately, it's licensed and paywalled, but it leaks at KM: https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Her-Summon

(Sadly, KM reacts to Ad blockers, so it's not going to be very pleasant. But as far as I know they don't have malware. There's a pop-up when you click something in the site for the first time, but you just have to close it quickly and it doesn't appear again on the same day.)

The chapters are short because the English licensees are scummy and split the chapters to make more releases, but if you gloss over all that, it's an amazing series (in my opinion, of course).

Dex-chan lover
Anything in particular you like genres themes exclusions etc? isekai are a dime a dozen so I need more information to help narrow it down for you.

Fantasy type where the hero has to stop some of great evil.

I would really like one where the hero is actually intelligent.

Dex-chan lover
@omegamasher

Okay here’s a bunch:

Saihate no Paladin
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat

Exterminator
Tanaka no Isekai Nariagari
Dungeon Seeker
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

Drifters

Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko

Parallel Paradise (Forewarning Basically a H series but it’s not classified as one don’t know your standings on genres)

Here’s a bunch I’ll post more if interested. Tried to limit as you said stupid MCs in fantasy world

Saving 80000 gold in another world
Manuke fps
Overlord
Youjo senki
Desumachi
Isekai smartphone
Arifureta
Re zero
Devil is a part timer (reverse isekai)
All isekai tagged "cooking", yes they're all great

← My MD profile has several isekai recs in it, give it a try if our interest collide.
Of the ones on MD that I believe have not been mentioned, I recommend

Shounen Adventure:

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki
[ Isekai | Comedy | OP-MC ] Comedy about an absurdly OP MC who has been kidnapped by a frog. Prepare to laugh as all the overused troupes you hate are thrown at you with 1000 kawazus worth of power! Definitely recommended for those who like comedies. Family friendly.

Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~
[ Isekai | Heavy | Tragedy | Gore | OP-MC ] This OP MC has a slight personality problem IMHO. Isekai with a heavy story. The story and plot are great with a big focus on character development. Its the first Tragedy I followed. I had to power through in the beginning for the MC and plot to grow on me but and am glad I did.

Shoujo rom-com:

Survive As The Hero's Wife
[ Villainess | Isekai | Romance ] Our lovely heroinevillainess has been married off to the prince by his nice step-mother-queen.

My personal favorite Shoujo ones are not available on MD since they only have official translations.

https://mangadex.org/title/181/id-the-greatest-fusion-fantasy this were the og one of a kind that ever bend the wuxia genre together western fantasy setting, its not the typical modern into the fantasy world isekai, but a eastern fantasy world jumping into western fantasy world, just too bad the publishing company for it gone bankrupt so now it progress is forever in limbo.

i would also recommend you this https://mangadex.org/title/1416/watashi-no-messiah-sama a sad complete isekai

Double-page supporter
> would love more suggestions

Well, considering isekai is a very broad term, what exactly are you looking for? Action? Adventure? Fluffy slice of life? Something else?

Hard to recommend something without more details :)

Users who are viewing this thread