Author Chapter 4 (Isekai Yururi Kikou: Kosodateshinagara Boukensha Shimasu)
@AlmondMagnum Was it really, now? I'd say it's the opposite actually. Everyone likes sweets, it's pretty much an universal language at this point. If he tried any other food, it would be something difficult to replicate(most authors forget that difference in culture and temperature, may make it impossible for people to either accept, or reproduce something locally.) But this, even if for some obscure reason they didn't know how to make Jam, they could simply go with any other sweet filling and it would work.
Every isekai has to have the MC show the world the wonders of using the most basic materials in a novel way... There are cultures that have weird ingredients use that for once, or give a reason they couldn't think of using them before but this is just lazy.
Thanx a lot! Don't give up, please!
@Kazouie , @AlmondMagnum - bread with stuff in it is not a Japanese invention. Just like many other things MC will cook over the course of this story.

@vasil94 - later in the story, they do give the reason. But they only start thinking about it when it becomes apparent the MC is revolutionizing cooking.

@ValKnight
> I wonder who/What the twins are they are so mysterious
Two hints:
1) they are important enough that God of Air personally appoints them a guardian and sends him clothes for children.
2) They have Water Magic skill from birth.
@BloodySorcerer
I call it pathetic because bread + extra ingredients is something so basic, so universal, I find it incredibly contrived he'd have to show them that. I'd have less problems if the author had gone all in and they lived in a world where nobody had thought of putting food over a fire, or if they didn't use fermentation.
@AlmondMagnum
Just as @flannan said, there's a reason why the people of that world didn't know something so basic, but it will only be revealed later in the story.
Friggin' Pokemon all over the place.
@flannan thanks for the info
Is it a japanse thing or author braindead, you don't give for free some revolutionary recipes or refuse potentially million gold pieces of royalties!