The Wolf Lord's Lady - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Glad to see someone finally pick this up. Read the novel like a year ago and really liked it. Saw it had a manga but it wasn't being translated unlike literally every other LN manga.

Double-page supporter
As per Feudalism, when a lord is overthrown by a bunch of armed peasants, the next claimant of the title shall be next in line. What it means in practice is the one with the biggest army in the region will gain the title. What is the chance that an impoverished region army of peasants beat a neighboring lord army? Even then, the king, the top dog of feudalism, will have his hand on the land since it's basically free real estate to reward to his relative, children or lord and baron with great achievement or merely to appease them. The only time when an armed peasant rebellion succeed is when it either got out of feudalism completely, becoming a free city or the new lord is able to take advantage of chaos and no one could be bothered to put him down. After all, no one wants to set an example such as peasants can seize power by assassinating their lord. That's why the nation statehood is most of the time a slow but very often bloody process. Feudalism in comics are overly romanticized.

Fed-Kun's army
Ohhh, what a nice surprise! What a nice surprise indeed!
I didn't know this novel had a manga!

God this is one of my favorite light novels of all times. Feeling bittersweet

Contributor
Damn, this girl confidence is at rock bottom, i know that feeling.
It was hard to read when she lost all will to live.

Followed.

Aggregator gang
Wow that was really a good read

But I'm a bit worried with the age difference there would be since she is 15 and he would probs be 31 now

Double-page supporter
@squiksquik
*sigh* Reading the description it looks like it... Such an asshole and she'll still fall for him a second time? pff if so I'm dropping it on the second chapter depending on how it's presented IDFC about his past and why he did what he did >,> All I care about is that he did it and didn't even bother trying to help her

@ValKnight
That's straight up disgusting >,> I'm sick of cold hearted leads xd so so much

@TurntAturn
GIVE ME SPOILERS!!! Please :O My main question would be 'Does she fall for him a second time, if so then is it tasteful?'

Dex-chan lover
idk what i want from this series like, i sure hope she doesnt fall in love with him again (she probably will...), i kinda want him to clarify things with her, like what were his honest feelings during the time he was with her, also i kinda wonder if she's gonna endup with the lord's son maybe? the knows i dont care about age difference but i dont like the dude, so i would prefer another worker or his son to be the romantic interest, i also want to know if the fucking town ppl got better, coz i lowkey wish they just endup with the plague or something, im tired of ''sins of the father, sins of the son'', fuck that

I read the novel sometime ago, didn't even know a manga adaptation exists.... Thank you so much for the chapter!

It was a heartbreaking story but it was so so amazing ;______;

Double-page supporter
yeah no fuck that guy. hope she doesn't fall for him again. dude deserves a painful death.

Group Leader
For those wanting to know about their age difference,
he lied when he went to work for the family and was only 14, not 16, so two less years than most are adding up. Still almost twice her reincarnated age, but remember, she has two lifetimes of experience, making her still mentally older than him.

@GruntZone360
It's a bit of a slow romance on her side, but she does warm up to him eventually with what I recall to be quite some effort on the dude's side. The dude has been in love with the girl since the beginning, but the troubles caused by her parents made his actions necessary for the sake of the populace. It's not so much that he didn't try to help the girl at the beginning but her actions in the first chapter pretty much straight up rejected any help that he can offer. Also keep in mind he is the leader of the rebellion and he has certain responsibilities to keep.

Feels wrong for her to fall for the person who ordered the execution/killed her family. I’m just thinking about being in her shoes, and, just—- no. I ain’t falling for a murderer no matter how much of a revolutionary leader he is. The family might be tyrannical but she was well-loved so she would’ve had an attachment to them.

@GruntZone360
My bad, didn't notice your question.
Yes, but not immediately. Also, she outright says she reincarnated since she was a child as you will soon see, though most people just think she has a screw loose given her eccentric behaviors. I believe he had suspicions at the beginning which solidified as the story went on, but it's been a while since I read the novel, so I don't remember too well.

Users who are viewing this thread